memorial weekend rme bbq

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
we dont have to meet at 8 i will just be ready then how about 10 or 11 im not sure on how long the trail is but, it is vacation so no need to be up at brake of dawn.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
meeting place works if you guys want to meet and mcdonalds then come down the road together that works i will just meet up at the parking lot so i can unload and not hold anyone one up,.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
we dont have to meet at 8 i will just be ready then how about 10 or 11 im not sure on how long the trail is but, it is vacation so no need to be up at brake of dawn.

10 would be great unless someone else prefers another time.

meeting place works if you guys want to meet and mcdonalds then come down the road together that works i will just meet up at the parking lot so i can unload and not hold anyone one up,.

Does anyone need help finding their way? We can meet at the McDonalds if needed.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well I guess i'll be driving down by myself. We just got a dog yesterday and he hasn't had all his shots yet so we don't want to risk anything. This just means I can be a little more ballsy than I would with the wife and kid in the jeep.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
sounds good mesha

for everyone here is my contact info

435-225-4958 im staying at a house right next to dennys

will be in a old crew cab chev with yota in tow on trailer.

for some reason i thought the bbq was saturday night.

sixstringsteve

Just a reminder to everyone, you have a few days left to get your CB installed and working. A cb makes the trip twice as fun.

sixstringsteve

Flying J has this antenna. I've been very impressed with it:

http://www.amazon.com/K-30-Magnet-M...2V20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306271290&sr=8-1

recommending CBs is a touchy issue. Everyone has their preferences, but here are mine:

I STRONGLY recommend a magnetic mount antenna for the following reason:
- no mount required (this is HUGE). Just run the cable out your window, shut it in your door, out your sunroof, etc.
- self-grounding
- it simply tips over when it hits a tree/brach (rather than breaking)
- you can remove it when not in use
- you can place it on the center of your roof, where you get the best reception
- it comes with the coax cable, so that's one less thing to buy.
- no adapters needed, it plugs right into the back of your CB

The key to good cb communication is having a good antenna that's grounded well. I'd say 95% of CB problems are related to the antenna not being grounded well enough. Which is why I really like the magnetic mount antennas. They're always grounded well.

I've had plenty of cheap $35-40 CBs that have worked fine, assuming the antenna is set up well. Out of all the radios I've tried, I like the Uniden 520xl the most. It's small, very high quality, sounds great, and sturdy. And it fits in the ash tray slot for toyotas, so it looks like a factory install. Only catch is that I don't know where to get one locally.

I will say that I haven't had a good experience with my hand-held CBs, the walkie-talkie kind, and the Cobra model 75WSXT. I liked the concept, but it didn't reach very far, and it wasn't very clear.

Last edited: