Mental health: it’s ok to talk.

ID Bronco

On a side note, I've been off of social media since the last week of September and I have noticed a sizable increase in my happiness. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. I haven't noticed anything I am missing other than the time vacuum.

This is the only site I have an account with and although I probably miss out on good fishing intel, I don't feel like I have to keep up an image or anything like that. Social media is killing our kids self worth and brain cells. Good for you, keep it up.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
On a side note, I've been off of social media since the last week of September and I have noticed a sizable increase in my happiness. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. I haven't noticed anything I am missing other than the time vacuum.
I still have a Facebook account but I don't log into it very often, maybe once or twice a month tops and I don't pay any attention to my feed at all. I stopped surfing Reddit a while back too. I never did the Twitter or Instagram things or any of those, so other than a couple forums and stupid meme sites I'm mostly social media free. You're right, it's freeing. I'm not saying that social media is necessarily bad for everybody but the way I was using it was certainly a net negative for me.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Well I made it. One year ago yesterday I drank my last beer. Augustish last year I smoked my last cigarette. I’ve struggled with drinking the majority of my life. Could never just have one. Never got wild and crazy or belligerent—just drank a LOT very often.

Mentally I thought I’d feel better than I do but my wife and kids are a constant reminder I made the right choice. Unweaving that fabric that was so deeply ingrained in my brain was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Cold turkey, no meetings just stopped…. The odds of that actually working are slim to impossible so I feel pretty darn good about it.

I sure enjoy what you guys have posted on this forum over the years. The rigs, bikes, projects, outdoors and the mental health stuff. Thanks for that it’s a constant reminder to get off my ass and do cool stuff 😎
Awesome! Huge accomplishment and great for your physical health too! Congratulations!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Well I made it. One year ago yesterday I drank my last beer. Augustish last year I smoked my last cigarette. I’ve struggled with drinking the majority of my life. Could never just have one. Never got wild and crazy or belligerent—just drank a LOT very often.

Mentally I thought I’d feel better than I do but my wife and kids are a constant reminder I made the right choice. Unweaving that fabric that was so deeply ingrained in my brain was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Cold turkey, no meetings just stopped…. The odds of that actually working are slim to impossible so I feel pretty darn good about it.

I sure enjoy what you guys have posted on this forum over the years. The rigs, bikes, projects, outdoors and the mental health stuff. Thanks for that it’s a constant reminder to get off my ass and do cool stuff 😎
Congrats, dude... I just crossed my three year mark a bit ago. In my case it gets easier most of the time, but there are still times it's not easy. But few things worth it, are easy, so keep keepin on... sounds like you've got all the right reasons already figured out, seriously good for you.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
It’s no-shave November, which is supposed to bring awareness to men’s physical and mental health.
I always have a beard, so it doesn’t matter if I don’t shave, no one notices.
So with tonight’s hair cut I shaved everything except a mustache. I’m sure it will get much more attention, and hopefully give me a couple good conversations throughout the month.

My wife is not a fan, and said that ‘Chester molester’ is not touching her at all.

It wasn’t until after that I remembered I have to present in front of ward council and some other leaders Sunday. So I’ll look silly, but it will probably give me a chance to explain and have some conversation even.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
It’s no-shave November, which is supposed to bring awareness to men’s physical and mental health.
I always have a beard, so it doesn’t matter if I don’t shave, no one notices.
So with tonight’s hair cut I shaved everything except a mustache. I’m sure it will get much more attention, and hopefully give me a couple good conversations throughout the month.

My wife is not a fan, and said that ‘Chester molester’ is not touching her at all.

It wasn’t until after that I remembered I have to present in front of ward council and some other leaders Sunday. So I’ll look silly, but it will probably give me a chance to explain and have some conversation even.
I did this a few months before my wedding a couple years ago. My now wife told me to shave it before the wedding or it was off. I'll always have the pictures, sigh...

1699722232214.jpeg

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
So, a month or so ago @glockman shaved everything but his mustache. His wife didn’t like it one bit. My wife and I hardly noticed when we went to dinner with them until he said something about it.

I was at his house twice yesterday, and neither he or his wife noticed my stupid looking face. Or at least didn’t say anything about it.

I’m very guilty of not recognizing changes in those around me. Maybe, even if nothing else comes of my dumb face, it will at least make ME more aware of others so I can be more helpful if needed.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
So, a month or so ago @glockman shaved everything but his mustache. His wife didn’t like it one bit. My wife and I hardly noticed when we went to dinner with them until he said something about it.

I was at his house twice yesterday, and neither he or his wife noticed my stupid looking face. Or at least didn’t say anything about it.

I’m very guilty of not recognizing changes in those around me. Maybe, even if nothing else comes of my dumb face, it will at least make ME more aware of others so I can be more helpful if needed.
Hey I’m such a hermit I couldn’t pick more than about half a dozen RMEr’s out of a two man line up so you’re a head of the game. 😂 Also I need to fix that

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
So, a month or so ago @glockman shaved everything but his mustache. His wife didn’t like it one bit. My wife and I hardly noticed when we went to dinner with them until he said something about it....
Had a co-worker once who shaved a very full beard and kept the mustache. Our boss asked him how he grew a mustache overnight.