Metal Masher...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I appreciate all your comments...

I will be taking the girlfriend for her first time to EJS and I think I'm going to let her drive on sat on fins and things and then I will drive on sunday on metal masher... course this is the weekend before easter! I like the smaller crowds then... I am going to take my 98 Expedition as a tow vehicle for the 85 CJ-7... so if you see me say howdy!

I hope to see you all down there!!!

marc olivares

Limey Lover
here's widow maker from the other side june 05
what you dont see in the photo is the winch line pulling me up and
all 4 wheels spinning.

Attachments

• widow-maker[1].jpg
    widow-maker[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 31

Mother Deuce

Some shots from widowmaker, September 2005. That's Cherokeester in the stylish hat and Red Devil on the obstacle.

And the aftermath. A broken u-joint.

Pop quiz all you Metal Mashers. Do you recognize the location of my avatar?

Attachments

• WM1 comp.JPG
    WM1 comp.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 20
  • WM2 comp.JPG
    WM2 comp.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 20
  • WM3 comp.JPG
    WM3 comp.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 25
  • WM4 comp.JPG
    WM4 comp.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 23

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Drtsqrl from last Labor Day,

Rock Chucker Hill,
0000269018.jpg

Mirror Gulch,
0000269152.jpg

The cleanest climb of Widowmaker I've ever seen!!
0000269243.jpg

0000269246.jpg

0000269247.jpg

0000269248.jpg

0000269249.jpg

RedBull_RockIt

The line I always found best on WidowMaker was on the FAR left...further than most would consider...haven't run Metal Masher in about five years and it has definitly changed.

Mother Duece...is that spot between the tree and the rock vein on MIL??? At first, the av pic looked more like a spot on Golden Spike (about mid-way) but running backwards of normal travel.

Mother Deuce

RedBull_RockIt said:
The line I always found best on WidowMaker was on the FAR left...further than most would consider...haven't run Metal Masher in about five years and it has definitly changed.

Mother Duece...is that spot between the tree and the rock vein on MIL??? At first, the av pic looked more like a spot on Golden Spike (about mid-way) but running backwards of normal travel.
Nope, it's Metal Masher. The 2006 EJS calls this the lower section of Widow Maker. The guide book tells you to bear left on this is the "steep, narrow road" with a "tippy spot."

It is possible to be too far left. On the other side of the orange stick is an insane drop off. :eek: Yes, I'm doing it wrong.

Attachments

• Don't be there3 comp.JPG
    Don't be there3 comp.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 10