Mineral Basin: Custom Rockgarden du jour

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
No limit on the # of people, bring all you can. The time is going to be about 9 AM. There will soon be a post with the exact time and meeting place, look for that info by Monday.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
i lost my eshaust system and left front leaf on a rather benign obastacle so i got two weeks to get it fixed.......count me in
!!!!:D

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I was up there on sunday, I hadn't been following this thread so when I got there and saw a rock garden I was happy. I was hoping, however, this wasn't the finished project. I appreciate the hard work from all of you involved. I am planning on coming up on the 7th to help where I can.

Thanks Guys.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I just found out today I will have to work that weekend. I'm not sure if that puts me out of the picture or not for the work party, but I'll still try to show if I can get away with it. I need to move about 30 people from one office to another, and I think I can get a lot of the work done beforehand. It will just depend on whether I'm the lucky stiff that gets to move PC's or not.

Greg

Admin
UPDATE - 8/28/02

We need some assiastance with Transporting the Sapplings and Parking Orginization.

-The Sapplings will be at Tibblefork Res. and need to be brought up to the Bypass area. Fullsize trucks would haul the most, but any help would be great. We should need about that 5-6 trucks.

-As for parking, we need 3-4 people to ensure the main road stays accessable, by organizing the volunteers to park to the side of the road. We'll be parking below the area of the turnoff for Pittsburg Lake.

If you can help with either, please contact me by posting here or by email: Email Greg

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg
UPDATE - 8/28/02

We need some assiastance with Transporting the Sapplings and Parking Orginization.

-The Sapplings will be at Tibblefork Res. and need to be brought up to the Bypass area. Fullsize trucks would haul the most, but any help would be great. We should need about that 5-6 trucks.

-As for parking, we need 3-4 people to ensure the main road stays accessable, by organizing the volunteers to park to the side of the road. We'll be parking below the area of the turnoff for Pittsburg Lake.

If you can help with either, please contact me by posting here or by email: Email Greg

Greg, I'll know a lot more tomorrow morning about me being available. I think we can get all of our moving done on Friday, but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by mbryson

Greg, I'll know a lot more tomorrow morning about me being available. I think we can get all of our moving done on Friday, but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

I'm in! I think everything will be done at work (at least be able to be done) by Friday evening. That leaves my Sat. open.

How far up Mineral Basin is my truck expected to go (I.E. how many scratches would it receive?:confused: ) if I carry some saplings or whatever? I think I could get through the first little overgrowth (just below the boulder garden and turnoff to Pittsburg lake--just past the tailings pile) without many problems but the spot after you get past the switchbacks, I'm not taking it (I'm a wimp with the scratches....). No worries on the XJ, but I can see the truck would be a better match for carrying stuff...

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Ryan
So Greg, I'm just kinda curious. Do you have any idea of how many people/vehicles will be coming so far?

No idea at all! This in a effort between a handful of different groups, so getting specific #'s is going to be difficult. (Atleast untill we all arrive!?!)

Can you make it Ryan?

How far up Mineral Basin is my truck expected to go (I.E. how many scratches would it receive? ) if I carry some saplings or whatever? I think I could get through the first little overgrowth (just below the boulder garden and turnoff to Pittsburg lake--just past the tailings pile) without many problems but the spot after you get past the switchbacks, I'm not taking it (I'm a wimp with the scratches....). No worries on the XJ, but I can see the truck would be a better match for carrying stuff...

More than likely, we'll need to get the trucks to the bottom part of the Rockgarden and no further. You'll need to lock the hubs, but shouldn't have to wheel the Show Truck.....:p .

yellowjacket

Much more comfortable
Like I said Greg, This is an AWESOME thing! I will do everything I can to be there.

If it helps, and if we can both make it, Rob and I have ham radios which are like cbs but tons better and you can actually talk long distances. They could be of use since they have superior range.

If we need it, I suppose we could use my little (finally bobbed) bed as well.

Greg

Admin

I'm plannin' on it. I'm gonna see if I can recruit Chris as well. BTW, got your tires on yet?

Yeah, I was going to mention it to Chris too.

I got the tires...... Oh my CRAP!!! They are huge, my truck looks funny now. I haven't wheeled with them yet, I hope they clear everything! Moab is going to be fun, I think I can bank on Broken Birfs this time! Thanks....:D

mbryson

Supporting Member

No idea at all! This in a effort between a handful of different groups, so getting specific #'s is going to be difficult. (Atleast untill we all arrive!?!)

Can you make it Ryan?

More than likely, we'll need to get the trucks to the bottom part of the Rockgarden and no further. You'll need to lock the hubs, but shouldn't have to wheel the Show Truck.....:p .

Now I'm going to come out sounding like the wuss that I really am....:rolleyes: but the move just barely got postponed until Sat. morning.....really. I was kind of psyched to wheel the truck (I wonder if the hubs work? :D ) as it doesn't get used much and it should (kind of like my shotgun....I like it a lot, but never get to use it much).

What time are we thinking, again? I hope to be done by noon, but that could be a little optimistic. What time will we need the trees, etc.?

Ryan

Yeah, I was going to mention it to Chris too.

I got the tires...... Oh my CRAP!!! They are huge, my truck looks funny now. I haven't wheeled with them yet, I hope they clear everything! Moab is going to be fun, I think I can bank on Broken Birfs this time! Thanks....:D

LOL, Bobby Long, here we come!:cool:

Greg

Admin
Now I'm going to come out sounding like the wuss that I really am....:rolleyes: but the move just barely got postponed until Sat. morning.....really. I was kind of psyched to wheel the truck (I wonder if the hubs work? :D ) as it doesn't get used much and it should (kind of like my shotgun....I like it a lot, but never get to use it much).

What time are we thinking, again? I hope to be done by noon, but that could be a little optimistic. What time will we need the trees, etc.?

If you can't make it up, don't sweat it. We'll begin haulin' trees up at around 9am. If you want to run up in the XJ and see where we are after noon, thats great too. No worries!

Greg

Admin
LOL, Bobby Long, here we come!:cool:

You know it! I would have had them for this Moab trip, but the sending of a Money Order would have taken too much time. Hopefully in a another week or 2, I'll have them!

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Looking good guys I really wish I could be there to help but I'm stuck in NY until October, Hope all goes well post pics of the finished project.