Wanted misc jeep parts

jeepinjimmy

I need a radio antenna for a 91 cherokee if anyone knows of one just hanging out I also need some info on a ring and pinion gear for the front axle a vin search tells me they a 355 s anyone know how to tell for sure

SpeedyVic

Assuming that the rear axle still has the stock gearing, you could look on the tag on the rear cover.

Are you going to mod this Jeep at all? Or just keep it stock? You could probably buy a complete D30 axle for the cost or less of the R+P and install.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
How sure are you the ring and pinion are blown?

For some reason I want to say in 1991 they used that goofy vaccum engaged 4 wheel drive instead of hubs. But I can't remember what they called it.

Have you pulled the cover and seen missing teeth or metallic flake in the 90w?

SpeedyVic

How sure are you the ring and pinion are blown?

For some reason I want to say in 1991 they used that goofy vaccum engaged 4 wheel drive instead of hubs. But I can't remember what they called it.

Have you pulled the cover and seen missing teeth or metallic flake in the 90w?

Vacuum disconnect.

Sent from the Outer Limits via Android.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have several antennaes. I may even have some 3.55 gears. I don't think 91 XJs had the vacuum disconnect.

Last edited:

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Vacuum disconnect.

Sent from the Outer Limits via Android.

perfect that's it, my mind was completely blank on that one.

I can see a problem with the vacuum disconnect not engaging when you shift into 4wd keeping your front wheel from spinning vs a blown ring and pinion keeping the tires from spinning.

Just a thought that might save some time and cash.

jeepinjimmy

I have pulled the front cover they are gone as in not there at all the spider gear is there and looks ok I am planning on running it stock I have a 1961 willeys cj5 for wheeling

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I have pulled the front cover they are gone as in not there at all the spider gear is there and looks ok I am planning on running it stock I have a 1961 willeys cj5 for wheeling

cool thought it might save you some time and money.

BTW x2 on what Chevy crew said... keep what's left of what you have for spares... :)