Mitch's 97 TJ 5.3/4L80E/Atlas/60s

Mitch
Layton, UT
USAF

I have a build thread on Pirate 4x4 for my 97 TJ, but thought I would keep up some of my updates on RME. Future upgrades will be a T70 turbo and water to air intercooler. Should be around 550HP with the 5.3 and a60lb injectors. LS1 Tech has great threads.

As for this thread I will be putting all the info I gathered from other forums and resources to build this TJ.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916570&highlight=

Current set up I am running---

-97 TJ 4cyl Tub
-Genright panels
-Genright 05' fuel tank
-Warn RC main winch and Harbor freight 3K suck down frt/rear winches
-Ford Super Duty Unit Bearing 6 lug Dana 60 HP homemade front and rear
-FOA 16" coilovers/ bumps all four corners
-FOX remote res shocks all four corners
-LSX 5.3 with Howell computer and wiring
-4L80E transmission 2002
-Atlas 2 spd 5:1
-Tom Woods frt 2 piece 1350 driveshaft and rear 1350 CV
-Art Carr Shifter
-37x12.50x17 MTR Kevlar
-Wilwood dynalite calipers and 13.5" rotors all four corners
-Griffen 36"x 18" radiator with duall Ford Cougar fans
-dual trans coolers, one with sensor fan
-Race trim seats
-5 point harnesses
-Custom rollcage and frame made by I
-Dual 480C VIAR compressors and 2 gallon tank
-ARB compressor and lockers frt/rear
-Lowes hammerite black paint

delta095.jpg

delta002.jpg

SPanish010.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0808.jpg

IMAG0721.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

Last edited:

Venture13

Getting ready for MOAB already. Had some other distracting Stainless Steel projects. So for those that have welded Stainless, fun times..

Got the ARB Diff Cover for the front and rear, the clearance on the cover is better than the welded monster jobbies. So trying to clear the ring gear is a must with a front tie rod that which is straight. Also I get more clearance with the rear ghas tank. Will have my Ballistic HD series D60 diff cover for sale soon.

Little autcadd drafting for my weld on Rock rings took a few minutes. Cut out parts myself on a CNC plasma that which I got up and running for a fellow buddy. The 5x10 Torchmate table is nice, but kinda big.. lol

Welded Rock rings, that was a chore. Had to use the sledge hammer to pound out teh rims in several spots. Using a 9 inch rim a 12.5" wide tire, never blew a bead.. Rock rings are like sliders for the wheels..lol

IMAG0095-1.jpg

IMAG0094-1.jpg

IMAG0090-1.jpg

IMAG0091-1.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Venture13

Har har Bama man.. Lets first get those 60/14 bolts rolling.. Clean them up and toss them in. No worries you will be taken care of.

Got the rear diff cover on, more clearance for rear gas tank..

Out with the old in with the new.. Oh, Dana 60 heavy duty welded diff cover for sale... With new bolts.

IMAG0124-1.jpg

IMAG0125-1.jpg

Oh, picked up a small smoker job, new ash catch tray and grates, also converting to LPG.

IMAG0115-1.jpg

bamacpl

Mitch jacked up some tubing to help strengthen that bad A$$ D35!!!---one last HOORAH!!! THX BRO!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331772862.757091.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331772862.757091.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32

Venture13

Got the new shop space Air lines and electrical all setup, only took like 30 hours.. lol See how well the dryer works on the air compressor moisture problem.

Getting ready for MOAB, be there for the 7-9th. Wouldn't mind hitting up a few new trails.

IMAG0158-1.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0171-1.jpg

IMAG0163-1.jpg

Oh, New B-Day Present from my Uncle that is a Machinist at Savage arms, which owns BOWTECH..

IMAG0155-1.jpg

Venture13

It is still making that noise, got a little calmer sounding. I have put over 5k miles on the engine with no problems, oil comes out clean. Just a bad lifter, no biggy. Cost more to replace the lifter than to swap another engine in it. Pretty much running until it fails, gotta love affordable GM engines..

RockChucker

holy cow! why so many? and where did you source them all? if mine doesn't work, i will come and ninja replace mine with one of those in the night...how big can layton be right? haha you still need to put that turbo on yours you were telling me about.