MOAB 2/12-2/14

JoeT

Several TeraFlex employees went down last weekend to Moab. I wanted to try out my new tires/ELKA shocks and SpeedBumps so it made for a good excuse to take the family down.

Saturday we hit Hells Revenge.

Main album folder:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/576744498JcgrbC

We had to turn around at this point. Something about sliding 6 JK's down a snowy slope didn't sound right.
So off to Fins and Things we went. We played on this hill for a while, shooting some HD video and stopping for lunch. Sorry I didn't take photos until we were at this point. I'll have to get some from my co-workers.

ELKA shocks and SpeedBumps made for a very nice ride on the trail.

That afternoon we took our kids down to Hole in the Rock, 12 miles south of Moab. There's a 14 bedroom home built into the rock, gift shops, yard art and a petting zoo. Nice place to take the kids, $5 for a food bucket to feed the animals. It was nice to have the place to ourselves.

Ummm didn't know wifey took this picture......

Later we had dinner at the Sunset restaurant. It's the one north of town and way up on the cliff. We've never been there and it was Valentines weekend so made for good reason to go.
We stayed till Sunday morning, woke up to 16 degrees! After breakfast we hit the first part of Klondike Bluffs out by the airport on our way home. It's a nice trail that you can see dinosaur tracks on. At the end of the trail, there's a overlook that allows you to see Arches Park from. We turned around after the tracks this time.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Looks like a fun trip. My kids were down there that weekend too. They did poison spider up to the waterfall which was too icy. Metal masher up to rock chucker where the snow got too deep. Gold bar to the big ledge where only my SIL was crazy enough to drop off of it with snow on it. They also tried fins and things for a bit.

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Yep, we went out to Hell's on Sunday and got a bit farther. I'll admit I was nervous about skiing down that fin but we all made it........
Did Gold Bar, Golden Spike, and Poison Spider on Saturday (on foot as part of a race) and there was a lot of snow up there too. Saw those Jeeps winching on the P.S. waterfall......didn't look fun.....