Moab Camping Trip: Oct 7-10th

gahi

that sounds like a great trail. Would you be willing to lead it gahi?

Possibly. For those not familiar with it, its a pretty mild trail, but with awesome scenery. Its a loop from Moab and has a lot of cool stops along the way. Its about 2 hrs from town to where the trail gets tough. I'd be pretty confident that nearly stock vehicles could make it. I've never camped out there but I'm sure theres some good spots

It'll be getting close to a full moon that weekend, its pretty surreal being way out there and having the moon light everything up.

Cherokeester

Elephant hill is a very fun trail with some killer camp spots but being in the park you have to have reservations I would think. Elephant hill I would not consider for stock vehicles however.

gahi

Lockhart (not my pics)
5055885365_0533bd8e71_b_d.jpg

More pics here unUrban

sixstringsteve

that patrol is amazing. How come we don't have any cool vehicles like that, other than the 80 series? Solid axles, diesel engines, in a japanese vehicle. Amazing.

Last edited:

FatTony

hey steve this is cody lees friend i would love to do a over nighter. i know i can come down firday night. i will see about getting work off

sixstringsteve

sweet! I'm glad you'll be joining us Cody. Somehow it's worked out that you've been at moab for my past 4 trips, and it's been awesome.

cja89

99 4runner 4x4 with e-locker, sliders, and front bumper. From the trails you mentioned we may run, I think I'll be fine. I see this as a good opportunity to up my driving skills. Unfortunately I am a poor college student so the build up is slow going haha.

cja89

I honestly can't remember, it was 4 years ago, but I think I did gold bar rim and...one other haha. It was in a different truck though, my old 4runner which was armored about the same but lifted. This new one is a lot more capable in my opinion.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Steve, is anyone trailering down to Moab and then camping out of their rig that u know of? I'm thinking of trailering down and leaving the Ford and trailer in town for backup, since my swap will still be fairly fresh.

sixstringsteve

I'm not sure if anyone's planning on trailering down, , but almost all of us will be camping out of our crawlers. Brandon's folks are staying in a hotel every night, but we wanted the option of camping with our vehicles. Does that answer your question john? Oh, and where's your build thread? :)

lhracing

I may be interested in joining in the camping trip. I could come down Friday night but would need to leave Sunday to be back to work on Monday. In reading through all the posts I am a little confused where you plan to camping each night and the trails you plan on doing. I know it is a little early for an October trip but could you layout your trip as it is right now in a single post so I can see if it will work out for us.

sixstringsteve

We are one of the most flexible groups out there. That being said, here's what I'd like to do:

Oct 6 PM: camp outside of Goblin Valley

Oct 7 AM: Hike Ding & Dang Canyons (killer slot canyons with lots of rock scrambling)
Oct 7 Noon: Head in to Moab
Oct 7 PM: Wheel a fun trail (Hell's revenge, fins n things, poison spider? Camp in Moab

Oct 8 AM: wheel a few fun trails in Moab. Pickle?
Oct 8 PM: camp up at base camp lodge

Oct 9 AM: play disc golf at Base Camp
Oct 9 Noon: hike to the wind caves and explore around there
Oct 9 PM: scenic trail overnighter. camp out on the trail somewhere (top of the world? elephant hill? Beef basin? lockhart?)

Oct 10 AM: finish trail from day before
Oct 10 Noon: wheel another trail
Oct 10 PM: drive back home

Last edited: