Moab Camping Trip: Oct 7-10th

shaunware

This will be the first trip to Moab with this jeep
The last time we tried to go ( 4weeks ago) we got stuck in green river for the weekend and had to come back down the next Monday and tow the jeep back.
I at lest want some one to drive down with that has a tow hitch just in case.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
Sorry I can't make it. I think I might be running snakes that Saturday, if the swells trip doesn't go through you should be my guide out there.

Max Power

Bryce
Sounds like a lot of fun. I will be going down the fallowing weekend. If your trip gets pushed back let me know. I am in the mood to run the Rim.

sixstringsteve

allright, this is back on. 864runner and tacomann99 are both going to be joining me. We've got room for lots more.

cja89

I'm planning on going, I won't get there until Friday night and then I plan on leaving Saturday night to head to the Grand Canyon for a day or so. Never been down there, any suggestions on places to go/things to do?

sixstringsteve

Excellent! It'll be great to have you. You're welcome to tag along with us on our trails, or we can recommend some trails for you. which trails gave you run in the past?

Everybody except for me is heading down Friday night and leaving Sunday night, so if you're looking for people to drive down with, post up here.

Last edited:

cja89

It looks like we'll have 3 or 4 wives along too, so feel free to bring your wife.

If i had one, I would bring her. Instead I'm bringing my roommate and maybe some girls, but we'll see.

I've run Gold Bar Rim and Fins n things, but that was in my 2nd gen. Never done any in the new one. I'm excited to do whatever, but I am a poor college student and it does have to get me back up to Provo afterward, so nothing too crazy.

sixstringsteve

Stock tires? We will do hells revenge, maybe fins n things, and some others that you'll be fine on. we will do some scenic trails too.

Xiled1

My wife and I are heading up to Canyonlands, Needles District Thurs night and staying till Monday. LMK if you are going to be in the area and maybe we can meetup. Since we are driving in LATE Thurs night, we plan on wheeling and short hikes on Fri. Sat and Sun will probably be some longer hikes, but we may be open to some other stuff.

If we get lucky, we'll camp in the park. Otherwise, we may be somewhere along the road in or up in the mountains, possibly at Dalton Springs CG.

sixstringsteve

Cool. It'll just be my wife and I on Friday, so we may join you. Only problem is we'll have our dog with us, and Canyonlands is NOT dog-friendly :(

Xiled1

Bummer. Just checked out the pet rules, can't even take them in your vehicle in the back country. I guess that's no different than any other NP.

If you figure something out, we'll need to setup a meet time and place. I don't remember there being any cell coverage out there. We won't know where we are camping till we get there.

redneckbronco

Wish I could go but with next months trip down there and hopefully the Hump n Bump it just isnt going to happen. Have Fun guys.