moab dirt riot during ejs!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
J\ My lunch slid forward and kicked the rear driveshaft disconnect lever out on Dropkick, which took us several minutes to diagnose. Then I pulled off the course with with one lap to go on the upper portion :rolleyes:,

ah, the ol' "lunch hazard" heh... I once did the same thing, in reverse: Parked the XJ after driving home in 4wd, several days later I hop in and couldn't figure out why it was driving funny. DURRR Watching you pull off with a lap to go was pretty funny too-- but if it makes you feel better, several other people did the same thing, or went out for another lap after the checkered flag. :D

I had a pretty good time out there announcing, lack of music made for a long day for me but sitting right there in the middle of all the action was AWESOME, and it's why I volunteer to judge or help out any other way I can for these events. Hope all the racers had a good time out there, it was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. :D

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Trail Ridge and Ufab did recovery on top of striker ravine and dropkick, we had the only long distance radio so we were the eyes for the people down below, saw jeff come by when he was trying to get the disconnect back in i thought he was just missing shifts haha. It was fun but way long next time im bring food. we also recovered two guys and at one point went down from our post down dropkick, and s&m to help dusty get off the trail as soon as he was stopped off the trail they started the next heat!!

So there we were sitting in the middle of S&M trying to radio and find out if they wanted us back up top and when they said they did we had literally 2 mins to get back up S&M and dropkick! We hauled butt i was running along side spotting and i do mean running. We got back up top and about 1 min later shannon comes flying by that was close

Last edited:

Badbuggy

rock star
Here are a few pictures:
P4060692.jpg

The only recovery I did for the day:
P4060706.jpg

Speaking of recovery:
P4070745.jpg

P4070744.jpg

P4070747.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
heh, at least it wasn't ME screwing that up. Carl/Dusty and the AZ5/5AZ Campbell cars give me fits when they're both on course. :D I was trying to announce in Tuscon and both Campbell cars were pretty much the same chassis: one set up for ProMod, one Unlimited. And right next to each other, very tight venue... I think I got that right maybe 3x all day. :rolleyes:

EB101

heh, at least it wasn't ME screwing that up. Carl/Dusty and the AZ5/5AZ Campbell cars give me fits when they're both on course. :D I was trying to announce in Tuscon and both Campbell cars were pretty much the same chassis: one set up for ProMod, one Unlimited. And right next to each other, very tight venue... I think I got that right maybe 3x all day. :rolleyes:

I have to say, I never thought you'd run out of things to say. I believe you did once there. Now, we have to get you something unique that no one will forget. A kilt? no.. A deep booming voice like Sarge? no.. Long flowing hair and sultry eyes and shapely figure? Gag me.. There must be something.

-Steve

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I was at Dusty's shop the other day (sexton off road) picking up some stuff and I guess he endowed on green-day.
One solid rig lol the only major damage I could see was his light bar and the normal sheet metal lol
Anyone have pics?

Badbuggy

rock star
Shelby was taking the pictures, so he was right next to you probably. I was working recovery with my buggy, but only did one for the day.
I was looking for you, must have just missed.

zukijames

i didnt have my zuk.. no one notices me with out that ugly thing lol

how come you didnt race! i hope they do it again next year! it looked like everyone had a blast!

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Bringing this back to the top.
How many are planning on running this year? Its only a couple months away.
We had so much fun running recovery and watching the rigs race by (we were at Gatekeeper) that we are planning on running trail stock this year. So who's in?