moab dirt riot during ejs!

Olaf

Supporting Member
I'm still working on finalizing the schedule for the week. However, we should be open Friday for wheeling and closed Saturday for the race. There may be pre-running on Friday morning but it'll be wide open on Friday after 12 noon.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Question for the trail stock/mod guys that ran last year. We are building a stock trail rig for this year, but it is a point of debate between a couple of us involved whether we should put ram-assist on the truck. Truck is a toyota truck (87) with v6 and SAS and will be on 35's. My thought is not, since h/a tends to slow the steering. The argument is that having it for the rocks on course and the added steering dampening (when wheel glances off object and spins the steering wheel) makes up for the speed loss.

Any input?

McGhie

O hey there Pard!
Question for the trail stock/mod guys that ran last year. We are building a stock trail rig for this year, but it is a point of debate between a couple of us involved whether we should put ram-assist on the truck. Truck is a toyota truck (87) with v6 and SAS and will be on 35's. My thought is not, since h/a tends to slow the steering. The argument is that having it for the rocks on course and the added steering dampening (when wheel glances off object and spins the steering wheel) makes up for the speed loss.

Any input?
This event in Moab last year was 90% rock. It was like 6 trails all mashed into one with minimal high speed flats. I would run assist for sure. But really either way you are going to be ok. its all about finding the fastest line and keeping air in all 4 of your tires. Lots of flats last year from coming into the rocks to fast and not being smooth. i can only think of maybe 2 turns from last years course that you would be going fast enough to really see the hydro hurt you.