Archived Moab EJS

Coco

Quite a few breaks yesterday, I won't mention any names ( my camera was dead unfortunately ) We'll see if they chime in. Had a great few days got there Thursday night late had to set up camp in the rain. Left sunday night about 10:00 pm. Friday ran the Pickle and played around out there, Then went to area BFE for some playing around that night. Sat. ran Greenday hung out at camp in the rain, everyone in our camp left that night. Sun went out to run Rustynail, the Spike and Gold Bar. I had a great trip wasn't like years past waiting at an obstacle for hours we only ran into a couple of traffic jams. I haven't camped for about eight years I have been staying at hotels. Even with all the rain we still had a great time. We were on limited funds so I didn't get into town near as much as I normally would have, I would have liked to have hooked up with some more of the RME croud.

So was this you? The guy that past me on the dugway?

LT.

I know that Bart was tired of hearing it from me but, he really is a rock God! He drove everything, no, really he just walked it all. Very boring to watch but he made everything look soooo easy. His spoting is perfect. Truly an amazing individual. Thanks again for all your help.

LT.

notajeep

Just me
I know that Bart was tired of hearing it from me but, he really is a rock God! He drove everything, no, really he just walked it all. Very boring to watch but he made everything look soooo easy. His spoting is perfect. Truly an amazing individual. Thanks again for all your help.

LT.

And he is good with the ladies too! :greg:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Do you guys with the bigger rigs still have fun on the easier Moab trails?

I have fun driving the Scout around the parking lot at camp! Everytime Im behind the wheel I have fun. The rear steer just makes it funner :rofl: but seriously it is nice to do easy trails once in awhile

whoa............. that scout made that tub look small....

it felt a lot smaller this time to :greg:

Coco

I don't know where the Dugway is. I have a blue 4-Runner. I past a few sets of Jeeps don't know maybe I passed you. If I passed anyone broken I did ask if they were OK.

I was the green TJ that had the Outlaw offroad sticker on the hood, pulled off the side of the road as you started up the road (dugway) to the highway....There was a bunch of 4 wheelers behind you.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
I have fun driving the Scout around the parking lot at camp! Everytime Im behind the wheel I have fun. The rear steer just makes it funner :rofl: but seriously it is nice to do easy trails once in awhile
it felt a lot smaller this time to :greg:
and it is even more fun when you are driving around campground and you get chased down by one of the local hippies and get yelled at for being a "reckless dog killing driver"!!! You bad bad man you!!!!-_-
HA HA HA!!!

Bucking Bronco

Here are a couple more pics of the rock. The dodge in the picture is not the one who moved it but it was a person in there group.

3f0e2c1f.jpg

f7348cb0.jpg

8535e9f1.jpg

Bart

LT.

Thanks Rob, you're too kind. I am cheating with that buggy. I can't believe how well it is working. I didn't turn a wrench on it all week long.

They like a "father type" figure around:rofl:

Now Kiel, don't make me ground you.:shawn:

My Wife has a thing for "older Men". When we were in St George with both Bart and Craig Stump, she was in heaven.:ugh::ugh:

Yeah, that geriatric love was in the air. :rofl::rofl:

Meat_

Banned
I have very few pictures, and all are from my phone.... Steve and Danielle took more pictures and some video...

How my trip started

IMG00427.jpg IMG00431.jpg

Steve on Up Chuck in the snow/rain/hail on big Saturday

IMG00437.jpg

Steve on Nose Dive in the snow/rain/hail

[youtube]ctFiMCFxGU8[/youtube]

Moab Rim on Sunday

IMG00438.jpg

Britney Spears on Monday

IMG00446.jpg IMG00447.jpg IMG00448.jpg

Trail fix on Upper on Monday

IMG00449.jpg

On the way home

IMG00450.jpg

Last edited:

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Good Times

Yea it was a good time down there, me and the wife had a blast! only one problem WE BROKE lol we got in late thurs and missed the night run which really sucked but we met up with wayne in camp and kicked back and relaxed. Friday morning after having breakfast and talking for a bit me and the wife hit Fins n things just for a warm up trail. I had to bring the wifes XJ since the cj was not finished. Anyhow everything was going great til we hit the second campground where the little rock hill is next to the campsite, and this is where everything went wrong :-\ I have built the motor up in the jeep but not the drivetrain.....bad idea anyhow went to go up and well i put my nose two feet up and when i came down i took out both the front wheel joints, the front short axle shaft. I back up to the camp spot while people picked up my parts for me and then looked in the rear and saw that my rear drivshaft had twisted like a pretzel. Now we were screwed. As always there are many many people that stopped to check the damage and want to help. I had a young kid that ran me into moab outpost to get a new axle shaft (ouch on the pocketbook) I had extra sets of u joints with me but didnt do anygood i didnt carry an extra driveshaft. Anyhow got back on the trail where i left the wife with the jeep only to find a sheriff sitting there waiting with the wife. Thought i was in trouble there for a min but he was just keeping the wife company. Well after a few hours of working on the jeep and meeting everybody on the trail i realized the axle shaft would not work because it was set up with ABS. so finally called wayne and asked for some help. He was about the nicest guy i have ever met. He stopped at checker to grab me one more u-joint and headed up after waking his son up. He got there and just kinda smiled and said we can take the abs part off and it will work, so a fw minutes of wayne beating on the axle shaft and it was off and we went back to putting the jeep together. He waited with me until i was all but done the whole time with Austin sitting in the jeep telling him one more min daddy and no more fixing jeep we gotta go. It was kinda cute lol anyhow checker wanted to charge Wayne 51$ for a u-joint :eek: Thank god i had spares and we didnt need them. After getting home i called up Dabears (justin) in slc and told him what i did and withing minutes him and the wife were one there way with a driveshaft to get me home. They drove str8 down and str8 back just to bring me a driveshaft. Now thats a good wheelin buddy thank god. But the whole thing kinda screwed up the weekend so we just putted around and relaxed. Helped wayne a little sat nigh with is rig but all in all a good weekend, the best part is getting the picture just before the carnage. And to top it off getting the best carnage award from BigSgt. Thanks to all who stopped to check on us and help, i didnt catch names but we really appreciatied it. This is why i love the 4X4 community everyone wants to help, I will post up some pics but my comp is being kinda retarted right now so i will post tomorrow