Archived Moab EJS

Meat_

Banned
Quite a few breaks yesterday, I won't mention any names ( my camera was dead unfortunately ) We'll see if they chime in. Had a great few days got there Thursday night late had to set up camp in the rain. Left sunday night about 10:00 pm. Friday ran the Pickle and played around out there, Then went to area BFE for some playing around that night. Sat. ran Greenday hung out at camp in the rain, everyone in our camp left that night. Sun went out to run Rustynail, the Spike and Gold Bar. I had a great trip wasn't like years past waiting at an obstacle for hours we only ran into a couple of traffic jams. I haven't camped for about eight years I have been staying at hotels. Even with all the rain we still had a great time. We were on limited funds so I didn't get into town near as much as I normally would have, I would have liked to have hooked up with some more of the RME crowd.

Wish I'd known you were in town, I would have tracked you down

Ford Prefect

So on Saturday I went out with some folks I met at the City Market. We went out to Kane Creek. I had a blast on that road, sadly it was a very rough road though! We took a wrong turn in the river, and it brought us right back to the same place. Ended up making a hair-pin turn in the river to get back going the right way. Well, silly me, I decided to go ahead and just make the turn, because I could, rather than doing a three point. Well as it turns out my tires had amazing traction in that foot plus of water, and with the front locked with a Detroit, it shot my warn hub, I am told, about twenty yards into the woods. I did not even hear it, I just stopped to check the bolts were nice and tight still (because on the CJ's they seem to get loose) and the thing was just gone! I had a very small chunk of the outer section still there, and all of the inner parts. Fortunately they GREAT folks over at the Car-quest had a set for me, and were able to warranty them for me as well so now my ride has a brand new set of warn hubs... And for those who asked themselves, no, I did not go back looking for the part. I had no idea even what direction it went in, except into six foot tall grass, there was no way to find the thing.

Never the less, my CJ DID manage to crawl out of Kane Creek in three wheel drive, and I did not engage my rear ARB except for twice on the entire trip out, so I was pretty darn proud of that fact!

richpblaze

Yeah I do Its hard for me to place people, rigs thats different.

Ya it was just about dark. Cool nice to see your yota.

this is my jeep, you might recognize it now;)
079.jpg

the carnage: wonder how much this will cost?
RP.jpg

It'll cost a little, ouch.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Do you guys with the bigger rigs still have fun on the easier Moab trails?

It is always fun, On the easier trails my kids actually want to stay in the truck instead of get out and watch. And well, I have one of the biggest rigs out there, it is the ulitmate family wagon of off-road, seats six in perfect comfort (AC/ heat, infinity sound system, stock seats,...etc..), carrys the groceries( street legal so you can get to the store), and carries picnic coolers, and camping gear to almost any out-back place. Gas milage sucks....:rofl:

As soon as the kids get older, we are building a new rig, 6x6 of course:rofl:

Check out the videos of everyone on my video post under the same topic.

LT.

I figured it was about time I got around to posting up some pictures as well. Here they are. These first few pictures are from Arches National Park.

LT.

Attachments

• SANY0014.jpg
    SANY0014.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 46
  • SANY0011.jpg
    SANY0011.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 41

LT.

The whole trip was such a blast. Here are a few more for your viewing pleasure.

LT.

Attachments

• SANY0079.jpg
    SANY0079.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 35
  • SANY0091.jpg
    SANY0091.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 43
  • SANY0096.jpg
    SANY0096.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 39
  • SANY0113.jpg
    SANY0113.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY0162.jpg
    SANY0162.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 31
  • SANY0163.jpg
    SANY0163.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 39
  • SANY0165.jpg
    SANY0165.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 34
  • SANY0183.jpg
    SANY0183.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 42
  • SANY0175.jpg
    SANY0175.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 46
  • SANY0198.jpg
    SANY0198.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 40

LT.

A few more.

LT.

Attachments

• SANY0202.jpg
    SANY0202.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 28
  • SANY0215.jpg
    SANY0215.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 22
  • SANY0220.jpg
    SANY0220.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SANY0227.jpg
    SANY0227.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 31
  • SANY0237.jpg
    SANY0237.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 31
  • SANY0240.jpg
    SANY0240.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 30

LT.

As is the case I have no proof of driving up Devil's Gate. It would seem that our fancy new camera was just an expensive pile of poop as it ended up broken towards the end of day three. Just before I drove up the Gate. So, someone else will have to provide the proof as I have none.:-\

LT.

Meat_

Banned
As is the case I have no proof of driving up Devil's Gate. It would seem that our fancy new camera was just an expensive pile of poop as it ended up broken towards the end of day three. Just before I drove up the Gate. So, someone else will have to provide the proof as I have none.:-\

LT.

I saw you do it! But I never wheel so I can't have been there.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
this was not my best trip ever but for sure was dang close to it,
if i could have brought the bronco and a better tent it would have for sure.

and got to meet a few of you guys down there too and had some laughs and tell some dirt jokes....Rob and Rodney ...lol and some REALLY good food!! witch made the trip even better!

even got to wheel the scout a little bit...was a bit of a surprise and is so much different then a little bronco. lol THANKS CHES!!!

Thank you, Stan & Shawnette and family, Ches & Char & sammy, JJ, Rodney, Carl, Kevin, Corey & Cecillia and cute Samantha, Matt K, Bart,and everyone esle for making this a awesome trip!!!

maybe in 30years i can take the bronco down there and have some fun with her, im sick of making it pretty i want to give it some tattoo's!!!!

some pic's
th_stuff.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/broncomitch/cid_67.jpg

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
few more. i love that scout 80. perfect example of why you don't need a monster truck to go where you want. that thing went everywhere Ches and Corey and Stan did and more. and that bronco.... SWING! :bow: that baby has original paint! very very nice

LT.

I think that he was looking for somewhere in the low teens for it. I think that it is worth every penny. Mustang five liter, James Duff 3 inch kit, two inch body lift, 4.56 gears, detroits front and rear, high pinion 9 inch rear, brand new 35 inch tires, original paint and body work, bullet proof steering, less than 70,000 org miles, soft top, top, and full metal hard top. Worth every penny.

LT.

S.T.U.B.

Oh yeah, and someone broke Rocker Knocker today, I have a picture but can't post it from my phone.....

lol that was actually one of my buddies that did that. It WAS a total accident and i dont think there's any way to get the rock back into place. It made a cool new line to try though! I was the first person in the history of mankind to try it, and i used some paint off my door to let everyone know I was there. :rofl: