Moab Laborday

sukaB

Banned
We will be there friday night around 5 or so for dinner and a drink in town then move to camp for total destruction. Black buggie, let's bust somethin
I'll probably run to the market to see who's there in the mornin around 9 or 10 after breakfast.
Let's wheel:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Oh man! will you guys quit talkin bout Moab and bustin stuff? You are makin a man w/out tow rig cry! Someone out there.. PLEASE tow my junk down to moab this weekend!??

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Mike_Lib
I wish I could meet up with you guys but my junk is broke :(

What!? The badass GC BROKE! Anything serious?

My current plans, for those that want to hook up-

*Lower and Upper Helldorado on Saturday.

*Ride bike on Sunday.

*Lower Proving Grounds, watch Upper on Monday.

Just fix what breaks along the way and hope it drives home!

ewander

I'm game for anything on Sunday and Monday (thanks for the axle shafts sukaB!), but I am forced to run the Rusty Nail on Saturday........so, we will be out there Saturday at 0800 ish by the highway,and take off from there.

My traction bar came in today, so I will weld that bad boy on tomorrow and be ready to go!

Red YJ, White YJ, White Cherokee, Green Cherokee. I will watch for you Herzog.

Eric

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Hey,
where are any of you camping? I have to go cheap. I spent too much $ on getting my tranny squared away today to be able to pay for a campground. Hopefully, some of you are going to camp in the no cost areas.

I will be driving down friday afternoon. I still have to get my transfer case bolted in (and the driveshafts, skidplate, etc.), but I should be able to take off nlt about 3pm or so. That would put me down in MOab around 7pm.

anywhere I can meet someone to follow to a campsite??

My cell number is 801.791.4393. Although I will be running some of the organized redrock trails (I've run pritchett and had no problem, but I feel like I'd be pushing it to run the trails you guys are talking about), It would be cool to camp with you guys though.

thanks
jd

locked and loaded TJ Moab Edition

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Originally posted by Greg

What!? The badass GC BROKE! Anything serious?

Nothing too serious. I cracked my frame/unibody at the steering box and I need to fix it. I sold my old welder (110v) before I got 220 wired for the new one so I haven't been able to get it out of my garage. Luckily the electrician came by today and got me wired. Now I can go crazy with the new Miller :D

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Mike_Lib

Nothing too serious. I cracked my frame/unibody at the steering box and I need to fix it. I sold my old welder (110v) before I got 220 wired for the new one so I haven't been able to get it out of my garage. Luckily the electrician came by today and got me wired. Now I can go crazy with the new Miller :D

Interesting....... I broke my Box on 21 Road a few weeks ago and had to reinforce my frame. I also used my new Lincoln 220v welder to get it right. 220v's rule!! :D

Hope you get it together soon!

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by BlackSheep
Hey,
where are any of you camping? I have to go cheap. I spent too much $ on getting my tranny squared away today to be able to pay for a campground. Hopefully, some of you are going to camp in the no cost areas.

I will be driving down friday afternoon. I still have to get my transfer case bolted in (and the driveshafts, skidplate, etc.), but I should be able to take off nlt about 3pm or so. That would put me down in MOab around 7pm.

anywhere I can meet someone to follow to a campsite??

My cell number is 801.791.4393. Although I will be running some of the organized redrock trails (I've run pritchett and had no problem, but I feel like I'd be pushing it to run the trails you guys are talking about), It would be cool to camp with you guys though.

thanks
jd

locked and loaded TJ Moab Edition

JD- Not sure if you'll get this, but thats about the time we'll be leaving today. We're probably going to camp at Sand Flats and then the KOA on Sunday eve. Showers and a pool are really nice, but the $$ isn't too much. I'll look for you on the road!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Greg,
thanks for the note. I didn't get my jeep totally squared away. I've done a lot to the tranny (rebuild the pump, new front and rear seals, new torque converter, new flexplate), new starter. New front seal in the transfer case. I've sealed all of the leaks, but I still am hearing a grinding sound at times. I think I"ll post a question on the tech forum to get some feedback from others.

Unfortunately, I'm not taking my jeep anywhere else until I get this noise fixed. last thing I need is to break down midway between my house and a trail. I would rather break down on a trail because I'm flogging it.

Hope you guys have/had a good time!

jd

ewander

Well, all said and done, I had a great time on the Rusty Nail Saturday, even if I did have to try the first obstacle about 10 times before I got it right. The rest of the trip went well, other than a broken rear axle (Dana 35) and a broke front U-joint on a CJ7, oh yeah and the blazer roll over in the golden crack........).

Moab rim was pretty fun also, with an interesting "new" place to try one of the z turns......I can't remember if it was there last time.

MattL

Interesting....... I broke my Box on 21 Road a few weeks ago and had to reinforce my frame. I also used my new Lincoln 220v welder to get it right. 220v's rule!! :D

Hope you get it together soon!

Where is road 21? I have heard of this before but never asked..

Greg

Admin

City Market at 9:30-10am, each day?

I don't know what trails we'll do on which day, I'm just playing it by ear. I think I'll be biking for atleast one day, :eek: .

Well, I have to apologize. We hit the trails way early to avoid crowds and didn't make it to City Market for meeting up. So if anyone was there waiting, SORRY!!

I'll get pics up soon! :D