Moab Laborday

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by bobdog
You guys must all have A/C

A/C??? I don't even have frickin' windows!! Don't be scared of a little Sun! Its going to be great weather, matter of fact, it'll be SEPTEMBER!!! Pretty soon we'll be complaining about the snow! :eek:

You coming? :D

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I would like to make it down. I can deal with the heat but the old lady would bitch the whole time. I am due a seperate vacation however.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by bobdog
You guys must all have A/C

Nope. No A/C. :D

You know what works well? Take a spray bottle full of water and hose yourself down every 10 minutes. Now that is A/C.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by ewander
I'm game, I need to check with some guys here at work, so I will post later today.

So is Matt & Janae gonna show? I hope so, I want to see'm work that cherokee.

ewander

I would like to run a trail on Saturday. I think that on Friday I will be busy welding on some traction bars. Saturday, we should do the Rusty Nail version of the golden spike. Maybe meet at the start point for Gold Bar at 0800ish?

Lower Helldorado would be good also, I don't think I am game for upper...who knows peer pressure always gets me into trouble.....Pritchett for a day other than Saturday. Or we an do Pritchett, I don't care. Tomorrow I will buy some rocker protection.

I will probably have a CJ, YJ or two and a couple cherokees.

Yeah, Matt and Janae will be there with their cherokee, should be cool.

Greg

Admin
That Trail plan sounds good, all you Jeep guys don't mind wheelin with a Toytoa, do you, :p ?

I should have atleast one friend in a '69 Bronco, mabey more.....

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Greg
That Trail plan sounds good, all you Jeep guys don't mind wheelin with a Toytoa, do you, :p ?

I should have atleast one friend in a '69 Bronco, mabey more.....

Sounds good to me too. We'll have another yota in our group if we get his drivelines built in time (this weekend I hope). We just put together his dual case and haven't had time for his drivelines.

In our group we should have (if everybody shows up) - Toyota, Pathfinder on full-sizes, Ranger, bronco, a couple cherokees, wrangler, and hopefully a CJ5 if we get it done in time.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
we tried to find rusty nail last october when we were down there. what is the best write up for rusty nail as far as necessities. i am locked in the rear but hinking about welding the rear diff and moving the lickright up front. (a luxury us jap truck drivers have). any thoughts gentlmen?? i also want to put my BFG/AT tires back on because they are sticky as hall compared to my SSRs. what are we gonna need for rusty nail?> i couldn't care less about my rocker panels:D

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Where is everybody staying I'll be in town on thursday night our group will be a 70's something bronco 2 yotas and a jeep were camping on potash probably not sure lets meet up at city market at 8:30?? on friday

ewander

I have run the rusty nail a couple times....it has two NASTY spots that break stuff often. I would rate the two bad spots about like rocker knocker, maybe not quite as bad (I rolled on rocker knocker last time). I would definitely want to be locked front and rear, but one of the cherokees with us won't be locked in the front. After you start gold bar, it is the first main road off to the right...pretty hard to miss. There is a decent write up about it on rockcrawler.com. The first time I went on it, was with some "magazine" folks...this old guy in a CJ 5 never even spun a tire...it was sick and wrong! It took me three tries on each obstacle, and it didn't look pretty. I am in the middle of changing my suspension again on my jeep, so I don't know how it is going to work. Only one way to find out!:D

sukaB

Banned
We will have about 10 vehicles with us we'll be running proving grounds, helldorado,minesweeper and whatever else..
Ewander I have inner shafts for yj or tj and will let you have them cheap, I tryed to call you and the phone number didnt work.
I'll bring plenty of spare stuff for the TJ's and Yj's that run with us that still have small axles. My phone Number is 541-1402 black buggie, call if you want to wheel...

Greg

Admin
So anyone who wants to meet up, shall we do the usual?

City Market at 9:30-10am, each day?

I don't know what trails we'll do on which day, I'm just playing it by ear. I think I'll be biking for atleast one day, :eek: .

ewander

On Saturday, we are meeting at 0800 ish at the start of Gold Bar (parking lot area by the highway), to run the Rusty Nail/Golden Spike.

I am game for anything else the rest of the weekend.

I will try and get down there Friday for a 0930 hook up with you guys, it all depends on whether or not I get my tracktion bars on.

B, I will call you tomorrow about the Shafts!

Thanks!

sukaB

Banned
No problem,
Anyone is always more than welcome to wheel with us no matter what the rigs we love to have tons of fun and can pretty much screw up any good jeep built or not and we can usually figure a way back even if it is by walking back to town from helldorado.
JESUS
Love it

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
I'll be there on friday around noon. I want to run the rusty nail with you guys as well as the hell's and proving gounds. see ya all there i'll be in the red and yellow yota with a black exo.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Leaving tomarrow (thurs) at noon. We will meet up with you guys for the Rusty Nail run and probably just show up at City Market for the other runs.

I'll be in the blue/black cherokee.

See you guys there.