Moab motorcycle riding this week?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone up for some riding around Moab? The temps are supposed to reach 55* on Thursday and Friday. I'm thinking I'm going to head that way, would be nice to have some company! I'll probably just ride one day, rather than both but if someone is coming in, I could stay.

I realize it's mid-week and short notice, but I thought I'd toss it out.

Where? I have no idea... Slickrock would be fun, maybe check out the Sovereign Trail? I'd be a on a WR250R, so smaller/tighter trails will be perfect!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Hmmmmm. Maybe I can duck out of work on Friday. The Soveriegn Trail would be fun and I might be able to get Clif Koontz with RWR to guide.

Greg

Admin
Hmmmmm. Maybe I can duck out of work on Friday. The Soveriegn Trail would be fun and I might be able to get Clif Koontz with RWR to guide.

:cool: That would be great Paul! See what you can do and keep me posted. I would love to meet Clif, let alone ride with you both.

I've never ridden the Sovereign before, it looks fun!

Greg

Admin
Sure, plan it when I am still braced up from my fall on the Dead Cow Tube.

:rofl: Sorry! Just have to take advantage of the odd, warm December while I can! You going to be healed up by January? We need to put together a St George ride about then!

wish I could, ive been wanting to take the bike down there for a change up.

During the week probably kills it for most folks, I just want to get out while the weather is decent and luckily, I have the week off. :cool:

rholbrook

I go to the Doc next week to see if I can start therapy or go under the knife. Based on how it feels, I think its therapy time because its feeling good. He told me that as soon as we can start therapy it will only be a few weeks and I will be good to start activities again as long as I wear one of those braces with the hinges in them for a while. So, this means that come January, we will be able to ride. I already have our guide lined up, we just need to nail down a date.

Caleb

I go to the Doc next week to see if I can start therapy or go under the knife. Based on how it feels, I think its therapy time because its feeling good. He told me that as soon as we can start therapy it will only be a few weeks and I will be good to start activities again as long as I wear one of those braces with the hinges in them for a while. So, this means that come January, we will be able to ride. I already have our guide lined up, we just need to nail down a date.
You gonna get yourself a set of the Asterisk knee braces?

Caleb

There's a slim chance I may be able to get down for a Friday ride. It really depends on how my Thursday night goes (if my code deploys don't go through the night that is). If you post the details in this thread I'll keep an eye on it.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If we want to ride the Sovereign trail, we could just meet at the Shell gas station and take off from there. I just got off the phone with Clif and he will not be able to make it due to back spasms. It sounds like he has been laid up for a few days and it has not been getting any better. I have a map of the trail system and might be able to get the routes loaded onto my GPS.

Greg

Admin

Good to hear! We'll plan something pretty soon in a new thread.

Greg

Admin
I am all clear for Friday. What time do you want to meet?

9 or 10 am? Give it a little bit of time to warm up some. What would be best for you?

There's a slim chance I may be able to get down for a Friday ride. It really depends on how my Thursday night goes (if my code deploys don't go through the night that is). If you post the details in this thread I'll keep an eye on it.

:cool: That would be great Caleb! Let us know how things go on Thursday and hopefully we can get together.

If we want to ride the Sovereign trail, we could just meet at the Shell gas station and take off from there. I just got off the phone with Clif and he will not be able to make it due to back spasms. It sounds like he has been laid up for a few days and it has not been getting any better. I have a map of the trail system and might be able to get the routes loaded onto my GPS.

The Shell would be perfect, Too bad about Clif, hope he heals up soon.

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/sovergn.htm That's a pretty good trail report on the Sovereign trail with GPS tracks and all.

:cool: Looks like the Saltwash Singletrack would be worth hitting as well, since it's right there.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It really depends on how my Thursday night goes (if my code deploys don't go through the night that is).

Thats a little to much geek speak for me.:D

9 or 10 am? Give it a little bit of time to warm up some. What would be best for you?

The Shell would be perfect...

Lets shoot for 9. If we get through the ST and have more time, we could always jump accross the road and run seven mile rim.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I must say that I am getting antsy to get out and ride. This has been a bad year for me on 2 wheels. I have only ridden about 6 times this year and that includes coming out of a 21 year retirement to race the 50th anniversary of the Cherry Creek National.

See you in about 36 hours.:busted:

Caleb

Unfortunately, I'm for sure out. I've got christmas parties galore this weekend that my wife has said I can't miss. :( I expect a full report on Sovereign Trail. ;)