Moab motorcycle riding this week?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I must say that I am getting antsy to get out and ride. This has been a bad year for me on 2 wheels. I have only ridden about 6 times this year and that includes coming out of a 21 year retirement to race the 50th anniversary of the Cherry Creek National.

See you in about 36 hours.:busted:

Wow! Hopefully we have some good luck, I'm looking forward to our ride as well, since I've wanted to ride the Sovereign for some time. I think it'll be a great ride.

Unfortunately, I'm for sure out. I've got christmas parties galore this weekend that my wife has said I can't miss. :( I expect a full report on Sovereign Trail. ;)

No worries, it's a long haul for you for a days-worth of riding.

I'm sure you'll hear about the ride... I need a good way to film rides, my original GoPro kinda sucks for filming rides. I'd like to get the newer wide angle HD GoPro eventually.

Caleb

I'm sure you'll hear about the ride... I need a good way to film rides, my original GoPro kinda sucks for filming rides. I'd like to get the newer wide angle HD GoPro eventually.

I've been really thinking about getting a Contour HD, I like the form factor of it versus the Go Pro.

Greg

Admin
I've been really thinking about getting a Contour HD, I like the form factor of it versus the Go Pro.

I've checked it out a little and agree with you, but I have a good deal of GoPro mounts already. :rolleyes:

I might have to try out the old GoPro again on this ride and see it it's any better in the desert.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It could not have been a more perfect day for a ride. I rolled in about 5 minutes late, got unloaded, dressed and we set out for some great single track riding on the Sovereign Trail.
IMG_3056.jpg

If you are not familiar with the Sovereign Trail system, it was built and is maintained by the group Ride With Respect. It consists of approximately 40 miles of single track and 30 miles of ATV and OHV trails. It is a shining example what can be done with a properly maintained and marked trail system.

Here are a few pics from the day.

347136221_photobucket_21102_.jpg

347136221_photobucket_21099_.jpg

347136221_photobucket_21100_.jpg

347136221_photobucket_21101_.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

After we were done running the single track, we decided to jump accross the road and run 7 Mile Rim.
347136221_photobucket_21104_.jpg

347136221_photobucket_21105_.jpg

347136221_photobucket_21106_.jpg

No flat tires, no scratches and no broken bones. The most eventful thing we did all day was break up a photoshoot of some guy driving a black jeep on the backside of Moniter & Merimack.:greg:

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Great pics Paul! I'm surprised you only got one photo of me flailing around on the singletrack, there were plenty more opportunities for that. :rolleyes:

Here's what I got...

1122385284_qhvqZ-M.jpg

1122385326_SSAd6-M.jpg

1122385368_c75QA-M.jpg

1122385441_6C9e9-M.jpg

1122385568_rH8im-M.jpg

1122385648_qu84z-M.jpg

1122385679_DK3GQ-M.jpg

1122385724_5Kh8D-M.jpg

1122385850_FGss8-M.jpg

Greg

Admin
All the videos I shot with the GoPro pretty much suck... the only one I have was Paul playing around on Wipe Out Hill.

[YOUTUBE]_z8laoRZhHg[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

Admin
The later the day gets......the more stiff my body is getting.:freak:

I hear ya, it's been a rough day. :rofl:

I've had problems with my right wrist in the past and it's really bothering me after yesterdays ride. I think I may have fractured it at some point. I suppose I'll go see a doctor and see what's up.

MattL

All the videos I shot with the GoPro pretty much suck... the only one I have was Paul playing around on Wipe Out Hill.

[YOUTUBE]_z8laoRZhHg[/YOUTUBE]

Nice bit of air. To a newb on a motored set of wheels... wow.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I am painfully jealous of you guys. I was stuck in Phoenix on a work trip I did not want to go on, and this is the first I've seen of the trip. Winter is very slow for us and I could have gotten the day off easily had I been in town. I even have six days off I have to use-or-lose by the end of the year.

I suppose I'll have to wait for this alleged St. George trip in January!

Jared