South-East Utah Moab Nov 8th-11th

sswens1

Hey we are going to be in Moab Nov 8th - 11th. So far Its just our jeep. We are staying in town. If anyone would like to meet up and do some wheeling we are just planning on running classic moab trails, nothing too extreme, we are flexible. Would like to run Prichett one of the days if anyone is up for that. it is better not to run alone.

Last edited:

minisrus

Hey we are going to be in Moab Nov 8th - 11th. So far Its just our jeep. We are staying in town. If anyone would like to meet up and do some wheeling we are just planning on running classic moab trails, nothing too extreme, we are flexible. Would like to run Prichett one of the days if anyone is up for that. it is better not to run alone.

If the Weather is good I will be down the 8-10th..... Would love to run Pritchett however that is about extreme as it gets in Moab.... Might as well run Rusty Nail and escalator as well LOL

My plan is to run Pritchett and then do White Knuckle hill backwards. Wont know if I am coming down until it gets closer and see what the weather brings.... I am hoping the friends of Moab and Dirt Squirl could run it that Saturday.... Jeff and his crew are great to wheel with.

Strautins

I'd like to get down there for my first time with some people who know their way around but I'm not sure I'd be able to survive the hardest trails out there in my Tacoma...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I'd like to get down there for my first time with some people who know their way around but I'm not sure I'd be able to survive the hardest trails out there in my Tacoma...

I suppose it depends on how built the Tacoma is and how good of a driver is in it. You might want to go over to the introductions part of the forum and say a bit about yourself and your rig.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

We may be up for it, Kane Creek is one of my favorites, haven't ran Pritchett yet though.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
If the Weather is good I will be down the 8-10th..... Would love to run Pritchett however that is about extreme as it gets in Moab.... Might as well run Rusty Nail and escalator as well LOL

My plan is to run Pritchett and then do White Knuckle hill backwards. Wont know if I am coming down until it gets closer and see what the weather brings.... I am hoping the friends of Moab and Dirt Squirl could run it that Saturday.... Jeff and his crew are great to wheel with.

I'll be on Coyote on the 10th. Could probably hit up BFE afterwards...

sswens1

Sounds like we have something brewing. What I meant to say is we would be happy running classic moab trails such as, the rim, steel bender, poison spyder, hells revenge, sevenmile rim, golden spike, kane creek, porcupine rim, cliffhanger, fins & things, etc... And I would prefer to run Prichett one day if we get together with some folks that are comfortable with it. I guess what I'm saying is I'd be happy wheeling whatever trail, if its extreme, even better. I like the idea of having some fun at BFE also. We like moab a lot, whatever we do there. We'll get a more concrete plan as it gets closer. Strautins it all depends on your modifications and driving experience, most regular moab trails you can get through in a slightly modified/stock rig with good driving. add a locker and protection and you will have more fun, like black_ZJ says it all depends on what your working with.

Thursday, Arrive, Rim or cliffhanger? TBD
Friday, Trail, Steel Bender, Flat Iron Mesa or Kane Creek? TBD
Extreme Saturday, Prichett/BTR/BFE?
Sunday, Poison spyder, sevenmile, or goldbar/rusty/end of golden spike? TBD Travel home.

Last edited:

Strautins

I suppose it depends on how built the Tacoma is and how good of a driver is in it. You might want to go over to the introductions part of the forum and say a bit about yourself and your rig.

Just did that actually... I have no familiarity with any of the trails in Moab so I'm not sure how rough they are but I would consider myself a competent driver.

zukijames

Sunday, Poison spyder, sevenmile, or goldbar/rusty/end of golden spike? TBD Travel home.

highlighted what i'd be up for..

land rover 33's no lockers..

lived in moab for a year but im used to wheeling a buggy

although that makes for along run sunday.. what about switching thursday and sundays plans.

zukijames

my gf only works half day thursday.. and thinks she can get friday off.. so we will probably come if thats okay..but i'd understand if you guys dont want a stock rig slowing you down

sswens1

Sounds great, Weather is looking very good. I am pretty set on running Prichett if minisrus, black_zj, jeepin4x4james, and whoever else is interested saturday? we could do it in the morning and try something else in the afternoon. I haven't run Flat Iron Mesa before its about the only one in the book I haven't done so would like to check that out. If anybody else is getting there Thursday i'm open for whatever but the rim sounds short and sweet. Poison spyder or sevenmile would be my choice on the way out of town if everything holds together. You know what your land rover is capable of, I think other than prichett you're good, sometimes stock rigs are more fun.

PM me or call/text me your info for meeting up, My first name is Scott Eight0one67one30one4

Last edited:

zukijames

if i had a rear locker i would come do prichett with you lol but wouldn't mind meeting up at bfe after.. but some people are worn out after prichett i think prichett fallowed by greenday makes a great day .

1 slider almost done .. got to get off the internet and go finish it up

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

Sounds great, Weather is looking very good. I am pretty set on running Prichett if minisrus, black_zj, jeepin4x4james, and whoever else is interested saturday? we could do it in the morning and try something else in the afternoon. I haven't run Flat Iron Mesa before its about the only one in the book I haven't done so would like to check that out. If anybody else is getting there Thursday i'm open for whatever but the rim sounds short and sweet. Poison spyder or sevenmile would be my choice on the way out of town if everything holds together. You know what your land rover is capable of, I think other than prichett you're good, sometimes stock rigs are more fun.

PM me or call/text me your info for meeting up, My first name is Scott Eight0one67one30one4

Is Pritchett "doable" without a front locker?

zukijames

I was in a group with a side kick , 30s , and no front locker maybe no rear and he made
It to rocker knocker but then broke.

I've done it enough times I know the lines fairly well maybe I'll try it no lockers.. With my buddy who is coming with a Toyota and a winch

sswens1

Yea, I agree, its possible if you know the lines and aren't afraid to use your winch or take a strap here and there. And there is always the option of turning back. I've made it on stock jeep axles and 35's broken front locker. and I've broken a driveshaft with my current rig... it would be a good time. Zukijames yea we'll have to see how spent we are after prichett, it can be exhausting I agree with that.

cjncustoms

If the Weather is good I will be down the 8-10th..... Would love to run Pritchett however that is about extreme as it gets in Moab....

Really? Apparently you've never wheeled area bfe before. Upper helldorado green day smashing pumpkins and s&m Britney Spears all trump Pritchett in extreme ranking;)

zukijames

Really? Apparently you've never wheeled area bfe before. Upper helldorado green day smashing pumpkins and s&m Britney Spears all trump Pritchett in extreme ranking;)

was thinking the same thing but didnt wanta make more people think i was a jerk.

when i lived there i had no trailer.. so bfe was one of the safest places for me to wheel with out getting pulled over on the way there ( could take dirt road most of the way there)

so i spent all my time at bfe.. and once my buggy is done thats just about the only place i will be when i head down there..

you can camp at bfe and have more fun / challenge than spending 5 days driving all over doing 1 trail a day .. upper heldo in the dark is always fun..

coming down lock jaw in the dark is less fun

and brittney spears tipped me over 2 times in 5 feet... it could be said that she made me her b@#ch