Eastern Utah MOAB November 3rd-7th

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
On my calendar. I have a trip down there a couple weeks before this... but I figure the more trips to Moab the better!

smfulle

I'm going to try to make it down for this weekend. Drive down after work in Ogden on Friday. Probably get a room somewhere. Love to join in with you all on Saturday if you don't mind a rusty old, mostly stock, 48 CJ2A tagging along with your fancy, shiny rigs.
20170621_183432 (1).jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Hey, my rig isn’t neither fancy nor shiny! I believe we’re all quite welcoming of other rigs, even toyotas (gross, right?) so you’ll be good with us!

I'm going to try to make it down for this weekend. Drive down after work in Ogden on Friday. Probably get a room somewhere. Love to join in with you all on Saturday if you don't mind a rusty old, mostly stock, 48 CJ2A tagging along with your fancy, shiny rigs.
View attachment 110032

Bart

We will be down there at that time and will have 3 rigs with us, weather permitting. I'm helping support the Moab Trail Marathon on Saturday. Remember that Pritchett will be closed on Saturday and Sunday and Cliff Hanger will be closed Saturday. We will be wheeling Friday and hopefully Sunday morning.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
We will be down there at that time and will have 3 rigs with us, weather permitting. I'm helping support the Moab Trail Marathon on Saturday. Remember that Pritchett will be closed on Saturday and Sunday and Cliff Hanger will be closed Saturday. We will be wheeling Friday and hopefully Sunday morning.

Good to know. I am planning on Running Hells and Finn n Things on Saturday. Probably run Prichett on Monday. Sunday thought about doing Moab rim or cliff hanger or both. Poison spider would also be fun in there somewhere? Haven't really planned Friday yet. Of course I really am open. Just want to have fun with family and friends in remembrance of my little boy that left this life way to early.

Last edited:

kmboren

So this is 2 weeks away. Who is going? It would also be good to know who is planning to be there on what days so we can try to get a tentative plan on trails. I am 90% sure Saturday will be Hells and Fins in Things.
KEVIN plus a couple friends with XJs and YJs and one LJ with mild builds but locked front and rear.
XJ NATE
Greg
Herzog?
Bart
Bretto?
Smufulle?
Mbryson?
Mesha?

Last edited:

Bart

I admire and fully understand the memorial purpose for your trip and hope we can meet up, but because we are all busy with the Moab Marathon race on Saturday we will have Friday and Sunday morning to wheel. My son Eric will be there with his XJ and hopefully our daughter's family will have their YJ juggy along. There's a chance we will do Pritchett on Friday, because that's where the race will be on Sat and Sun and we have 4 family members running and me supporting it. If not Pritchett we will most likely do Hells Revenge on Friday and one other run later. On Sunday we will most likely do our yearly morning run up Moab Rim to watch the sun come up. It's a short, fun run that is a tradition with my wife and I.

Don't change your plans for us but if any of these work out we would love to join you.

smfulle

I'm still planning on Saturday only. Hell's Revenge and Fins are perfect for my stock(ish) flattie, although Moab Rim was fun last year at EJS.

[video=youtube;idYDkx-4uEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idYDkx-4uEA[/video]

kmboren

I admire and fully understand the memorial purpose for your trip and hope we can meet up, but because we are all busy with the Moab Marathon race on Saturday we will have Friday and Sunday morning to wheel. My son Eric will be there with his XJ and hopefully our daughter's family will have their YJ juggy along. There's a chance we will do Pritchett on Friday, because that's where the race will be on Sat and Sun and we have 4 family members running and me supporting it. If not Pritchett we will most likely do Hells Revenge on Friday and one other run later. On Sunday we will most likely do our yearly morning run up Moab Rim to watch the sun come up. It's a short, fun run that is a tradition with my wife and I.

Don't change your plans for us but if any of these work out we would love to join you.
Depending on who is there I'd love to do Pritchett either on Friday or Monday. I have a feeling that there won't be many people there Friday so it might work out well so we will see. If not Friday then Monday for sure. Nate and myself will be there.

Run as in feet or in the jeeps? That sounds like a nice idea on Sunday if it is the jeeps, No way I am running up that.

Last edited:

Bart

The Moab Trail Marathon (on feet) goes up Pritchett and down Hunter Canyon to Kane Creek Road http://www.moabtrailmarathon.com/map.html I have 3 family members running the half and one running the full marathon. I'm working the support station after Yellow Hill at the intersection of the state road and Hunter Canyon. Pritchett will be closed to vehicles Saturday and Sunday.
Our wheeling will be limited to Friday day and Sunday morning.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’d be down for Pritchett on Friday, just have to watch the stupid pedal so I don’t break on the first day. I usually don’t have an issue on Pritchett so we should be good.
Hells and Fins sounds fun on Saturday and I could also be in for the Rim and cliffhanger on Sunday. Monday we may just head home but could consider Pickle on the way out.

kmboren

I’d be down for Pritchett on Friday, just have to watch the stupid pedal so I don’t break on the first day. I usually don’t have an issue on Pritchett so we should be good.
Hells and Fins sounds fun on Saturday and I could also be in for the Rim and cliffhanger on Sunday. Monday we may just head home but could consider Pickle on the way out.

If we run Prichett on Friday this sounds like a good plan. I have never done the pickle but have wanted to.

bretto

Willytime
Regarding Saturday’s Hells/Fins runs. Can we establish a start or meet time? I’m up in the air if I’m staying down there Friday night or if i’m just going to wake up real early Saturday and head down.