Eastern Utah MOAB November 3rd-7th

smfulle

Brett,
Heres the spot where you should be able to park your trailer. It’s at the exit to Hell’s Revenge. Zoom out on the map and you can see the entrance just up the road and around the curve.

Are you still planning on driving down early on Saturday?

Dropped Pin
near 1282 Sand Flats Rd, Moab, UT 84532
https://goo.gl/maps/KcFciLQh3SJ2

bretto

Willytime
Thanks Stan.
I may try to find a spot in the Hells lot or the the SL bike lot 1st. And yes that is still my tentative plan to head out of Orem way early on Saturday. Are you still going? Plan? How’s your confidence of your tranny?
Brett

smfulle

I think I'll probably drive down on Friday after work and get a room, and probably stay over Saturday night. My night driving confidence is a little bit shaken after my crash this summer.
I drove all over the place this weekend after the field fix. No further issues. I think the low gear oil caused things to bind up. I'll be much more faithful in checking things from now on and not relying on the fact that it was ok the last time out.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was in a SXS, and I ran hells that weekend. -_- Saw your buggy around town, wanted to stop and say hi if I saw you, but I think you were at the Brewery too much :D

Ran Hells on Saturday, but there was about equal vehicles to SXS's. Though my trailer was no where near the place, I drove the SXS everywhere (beauty of street legal :D)

Whatever you do, don't try to drive a 20+ foot motorhome down to PSH... Ended up having to help get them unstuck on the first deep washout after the road turns to dirt.

I was only at the Brewery twice! :D

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Looks like weather is going to be decent. Mid 60s as highs and low 40s as the low. Cool in the mornings but afternoons should be nice.

kmboren

So this is this week. I plan on leaving Hurricane in the morning on Thursday. I got some things buttoned up on the jeep and repacked my bearings on my trailer. Looking forward to this. Plans are Pritchett Canyon on Friday Morning with Bart and his family. I am guessing time will be around 9 or 930 but need to narrow that down with Bart. Saturday we are doing Hells Revenge and Finns and things. Meeting at the Hells trail head at 0930. I'd also like to invite those that want to join us for Dinner at Zacs. Time depends on when we are finished with the trails on Saturday. Sunday sounds like an early morning trail up Moab rim to watch the sunrise. Probably headed to cliff hanger after that also. Monday is up in the air but I think we might be the only ones left. If so we might hit up Arches National park before we head home on Monday afternoon. If anyone else is around we are up for more trails that morning. Looks like we will have a good turnout for Saturday. Friday will also be decent I know of 5 for sure plus Barts group.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm itching for it. I'd love to run Pritchet Fri morning with you guys. I'll see if I can make it happen.

I'd like to do something different for Saturday but could probably be talked into Fins/Hells.

kmboren

Hope to see you again Herzog. Saturday is basically a day that all groups can go on and have fun. I do understand your dilemma, especially since you were just there.

Gents,
I'll be taking a different route South if anyone wants to join in. My plan is to leave early Friday morning and head to Cathedral Valley. From there I'll take the dirt roads over to Goblin Valley, then hop on the highway and head to Moab. Just gonna take my time, may check out some of the slot canyons along the way.

I'll join in Saturday morning for HR/Fins and dinner at Zac's with the group. Probably drive back home Sunday morning.

If anyone is interested in driving down with me you are more than welcome. I'll be leaving Saratoga Springs Friday at 6am.

Justin

Last edited:

Bart

Because we will have kids and other family we'd better shoot for 9:30 if that's okay. Can't wait.

So this is this week. I plan on leaving Hurricane in the morning on Thursday. I got some things buttoned up on the jeep and repacked my bearings on my trailer. Looking forward to this. Plans are Pritchett Canyon on Friday Morning with Bart and his family. I am guessing time will be around 9 or 930 but need to narrow that down with Bart. Saturday we are doing Hells Revenge and Finns and things. Meeting at the Hells trail head at 0930. I'd also like to invite those that want to join us for Dinner at Zacs. Time depends on when we are finished with the trails on Saturday. Sunday sounds like an early morning trail up Moab rim to watch the sunrise. Probably headed to cliff hanger after that also. Monday is up in the air but I think we might be the only ones left. If so we might hit up Arches National park before we head home on Monday afternoon. If anyone else is around we are up for more trails that morning. Looks like we will have a good turnout for Saturday. Friday will also be decent I know of 5 for sure plus Barts group.

kmboren

So excited for this trip. I am leaving in the morning.Probably swim at our hotels heated pool when we get there and settled. Here is the plans for the weekend.
Thursday night run up poison spider?
Friday 0930 Pritchett canyon meet at trail head.
Saturday 0930 Hells Revenge trail head and Finns in things if time permits. Dinner at zaxs pizza.
Sunday early morning up Moab rim watch sun rise. Then plan on doing Cliff hanger.

I am staying at the Holiday Inn express. Here is my number. 801 592 4924 Kevin

bretto

Willytime
Regarding “if time permits”. If I recall, FnT can always be bailed out on to the main road in few spots right?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I forgot to post up last night but I'm not able to make it down this weekend. :( Have a good time everybody!