Moab over Spring break sometime between march 14-23

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
my cell phone works down there. you can call it anytime although I probably wont get reception at the campsite. my number is 801-791-0377. I run a locked and geared suzuki samurai on 32x11.5 swamper SSRs and I like all brands of moab as long as some nice steep climbs are in order :)

post up your digits and contact info so we can get together.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The probability of me being awake and sober enough to do a trail at 8 in the morning is slim.

9-10 ish maybe?

Cody

sloppyjoe4by

I am not sure where I am staying yet, it will depend on how packed it is. I am just going to tent it, may go off of Potash road toward the Poison Spider trail entrance, or might just go to canyonlands or something like that. I have to hurry and get my rollcage welded in, great thing to have. My cell # is 801-510-7148, and I live in Layton, UT. I guestimate that I will be leaveing around 8 on thurday morning.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sloppyjoe4by
I am not sure where I am staying yet, it will depend on how packed it is. I am just going to tent it, may go off of Potash road toward the Poison Spider trail entrance, or might just go to canyonlands or something like that. I have to hurry and get my rollcage welded in, great thing to have. My cell # is 801-510-7148, and I live in Layton, UT. I guestimate that I will be leaveing around 8 on thurday morning.

You need to tow my junk up Rose Garden Hill one of these days....:D......I won't be able to go down for this trip, though....

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Originally posted by spencurai
we need to get you a flat of Rock-Star to chase away that hangover :)

To be honest, I'm more concerned about being drunk still than hung over. Hangover's usually hit about 4-5 in the afternoon (on spring break hours that is), which directly coincides with the time you start drinking again. I just don't like drunken-wheelin too much.

I sound like a wine-o.

Cody

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

you need to hook up with us and camp in the bartlett wash area. it is close to the pickle and the bartlett slick rock area....it is fun free roam wheeling!! I want to head down thursday also and I am in ogden. I will be in touch.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Bartlett wash is where I plan on camping too. Its got a sweet slickrock mesa good for mtn biking. Im not sure you could get a truck on top though. But I will see you at the wash. WHat are you driving? I have my little red toyota with tiny tires etc....I have the pic posted in the 5mile area thread. But what trails are you going to run that is possible for me? The only thing I had any trouble on was at the squeez at rattlesnake, but that was no big deal.

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Thats why I said no big deal. But do you think I could do hells revenge? what about state st.?
btw does anyone have any 33's they would be willing to trade for some 31" a.t's with only 800 miles on them? If they are like 1/2 gone I will take em too

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Klif01
Thats why I said no big deal. But do you think I could do hells revenge? what about state st.?

I'd be amazed if you had any trouble on Hell's Revenge, even if you do, EVERYTHING has a bypass (the only trail that I know of that has a bypass on every obstacle).....State Str. would be a serious test for you though........I'd probably wait to run Pritchett or Behind the Rocks, though.

sloppyjoe4by

Mark, that probably wouldn't be a problem now, I had a bit of a growth spurt! It was fun wheeling with you though, going with JU?

Spencurai, where is bartlet wash area? Can you tell me how to get there, very far from town? That may work if its cool with you.

Adam

Klif01

Do I bother you?
These are directions from this mtn biking book i have. From the intersection of Main and Center in Moab drive 17.2 miles north on US 191 and turn left on Blue HIlls Road (near milepost 143) (Blue Hills ROad is located 14.5 miles south of I-70) TUrn left/south after 2.2 miles along this light-duty dirt and sand road (it says impassable when wet maybe to a lowered BMW or somthing.lol) At the second junction .8 miles farther, stay left/straight (the right fork leads to Hidden Canyon) and come to a deep, sandy section. Scout the sand to determine if your vehivle can cross it. If not park and embark. another thing I find funny in this book, cause the road is nothing. Cross the sand patch and go up the small hill, fork right and drop into Bartlett Wash. Hope this helps, I don't know where everyone else is camping, but this is where I will be.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Mark, that probably wouldn't be a problem now, I had a bit of a growth spurt! It was fun wheeling with you though, going with JU?

Spencurai, where is bartlet wash area? Can you tell me how to get there, very far from town? That may work if its cool with you.

Adam

I heard you've grown a little.....:D....we'll have to make sure we do at least one trail together....

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
My buddies are planning on going down for Spring Break, but I'm not sure on exact dates. We all go to Alta High, so I bet we'll be there a weekend after you guys. I'll let ya know when I find out.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla

Adam

it is just south of the airport which is kinda far from town but it is nice and quiet and far away from everyone.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=4289389&e=609011&size=m

you turn off 191 onto a dirt road system that is marked with a street sign, I cant remember the name of the road but it is marked with a blue street sign I think. you make a couple left turns and end up right in the wash itself. We usually follow the stream bed up into our camp spot but the road takes you to the same place.

It is kinda far outta town but the camping cant be beat and there is a lot of rock out there to play on that not a lot of people know about.

bartlett wash is the area you wanna be in on that map up there. the main road to the right going north south is 191. if you go past the gas station on the east side of the road, you went too far. cell phone reception is only availible when you get back to the road. you lose it about the same time you make your first turn off the main dirt road.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
check out the latest news flash....

Just thought I'd let eveybody know (especially those that are coming to Moab
at Easter) that we have a new LEGAL play area in Moab! The new owner of the
tram that goes up onto Moab Rim owns about 160 acres of land (in fact the
Rim trail goes through his property, from just past the Z-Turn to the top).
This guy is creating a bunch of new downhill mountain bike trails, hiking
trails, and a new hard-core open area for rockcrawlers! He's trying to put
together a rockcrawling competition for later this spring, and has opened
the area to all 4-wheelers who want to come out and play. I spent a few
hours up there today (I was one of the first 10 or so vehicles ever in the
area), and created a moderate loop. The place has great potential, with
endless possibilities for moderate to extreme obstacles. Once people get in
there and start making some new routes, its gonna be great! So if you are
coming to Moab next month, be sure to set aside a day or two to check it
out.

Jeff Stevens

Klif01

Do I bother you?
So who is gonna be at bartlett wash. I will be there with at least one other vehicle possibly two others. And who should I look out for if we are going to meet up? March 20,21,22, and 23d is when I will be there. I am leaving sunday

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I will be there in my blue zuk with blue rims.

I will be towing behind my black cherokee with bling rims.

if my brother comes, he will be in a white cherokee with no bling on his rims.

I will hopefully have rockymountainextreme.com stickers on my setup if Greg gets them to me by then. what are you in?