moab pics from this weekend

shmoesmith

went to moab this weekend and met up with some RME folks on the 2nd day we were there to run some trails...but first we took some newbies on klondike bluff. It finally struck me that they werent cut out for wheeling when they broke down into tears on klondike bluffs because they thought they were going to roll their new jeep libertywe got bored with them so we decided to take some alternate routes on the trail....the crack looked small at first, until i started tipping into it :confused:

shmoesmith

when all the people on mt bikes eyes started getting big and pictures started getting flashed, i knew something must be wrong...my back right had started coming up and my front left still was nowhere near reaching the other side of the crack..i swear it looked alot smaller:confused: luckily my wife was quick and got some people to hold down my rear bumper

shmoesmith

next, after getting bored at camp from listening to the belly-aching of the people we took down, we decided to play on a 36inch ledge..found out that we dont have enough clearance for it though...again, here go the back wheels upinto the air:D

shmoesmith

later we hit poison spider and were heading toward golden spike when gary's cherokee decided to sheer off its steering box bolts..anyway, here are some pics of the rigs going up the waterfall

shmoesmith

some kids must have thought they were funny or somethign because they had the gaul to spray paint "no route" right in the middle of the trail:rolleyes:

shmoesmith

finally after the steering box was put back on with nylon webbing(and later some chains)it was dark and we all headed back down the trail...poison spider gets really interesting in the dark in a little geo tracker. All and all a great trip

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by shmoesmith
some kids must have thought they were funny or somethign because they had the gaul to spray paint "no route" right in the middle of the trail:rolleyes:

BTW - that is a serious sign. BLM is closing all the alternate routes on PSM. These are routes that didn't even exist a few years ago, until people started making them. PSM is under view as a 'Conditionaly open' trail and they are seeing if people can follow the rules or not. Thanks a bunch.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I think we camped near you guys too. I saw that cherokee near our camp. We were down in the trees. You probably seen the big white Scout on the white flat bed truck.

I remember seeing your rig somewhere too... I just can't remember where you were.

Here are some of my pics from the weekend.

L. Helldorado 1

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 94

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by shmoesmith

Must have been the same kids that posted the "trail closed" signs all over down there as well......:eek:

;)

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
debating what's the best line going off cliffhanger.

cliffhanger_overlook2.jpg

jp008

Originally posted by Herzog
I think we camped near you guys too. I saw that cherokee near our camp. We were down in the trees. You probably seen the big white Scout on the white flat bed truck.

I remember seeing your rig somewhere too... I just can't remember where you were.

L. Helldorado 1

That was you???? I wish I had known that I would have come over and said hi. I saw the scout on the flatbed.........Looked a little top heavy:D Anyway we did Moab Rim on Sunday. We meet some friends and headed up. The Ford Ranger did very well ( of course the ARB's helped a little) bb88 in his kick did a great job (of scaring the crap outa his family) etc.... here are a few pics of the rim and PS.

Last edited: