moab pics from this weekend

jp008

Ok it's not pretty but hey it got this thing off the trail. We used the chain to hold the steering box in place when the bolts broke and the threaded portion where the bolts go through the box broke off.

I think I talked him into hydro-assist:D Von or Karl, can you recommend anyone?

BTW I would like to apologize for the actions of the NO ROUTE portions of the thread and all that participated in these actions. I had no idea that it was closed off. I percieved it as, this was not the normal portion of the trail. It will not happen again. :eek:

I hope to have my sami up and moving in about a month. I hope to go out and do some damage (to it). I'll post pics as things progress.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by jp008
Ok it's not pretty but hey it got this thing off the trail. We used the chain to hold the steering box in place when the bolts broke and the threaded portion where the bolts go through the box broke off.

I think I talked him into hydro-assist:D

BTW I would like to apologize for the actions of the NO ROUTE portions of the thread and all that participated in these actions. I had no idea that it was closed off. I percieved it as, this was not the normal portion of the trail. It will not happen again. :eek:

I hope to have my sami up and moving in about a month. I hope to go out and do some damage (to it). I'll post pics as things progress.

Nice trail fix.

about the No Route stuff... honest mistake man. I thought it was really lame that they actually spray painted it on there. They should have made signs if they are going to do that crap, which they shouldn't even close them off anyways. That sucks.

I wasn't so sure about the closures myselft until I read a USA-ALL newsletter the other day talking about PSM and Gemni Bridges area. It also states the reason for the closure of the Potash Campgrounds, turning them into paysites so they are more manageable and controllable. Bunch of bullSh** if you ask me.

shmoesmith

those no route spray paints were closures?!?! I wonder why they didnt put a nice little BLM brown plastic sign in there then...the thing was pitch black from driving up and down it. One would just assume that it was the harder line off of the main route, and they just wanted to make it clear that that way up was not the main route....sorry to all.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I found out the the closures were real when I was down there a few weeks ago. I was going up the steep horseshoe thing just before the waterfall and when I got down there was an old dude with the BLM waiting for me. He was so pissed that he was shaking all over.

shmoesmith

hmmm, that really sucks. I was just under the assumption that they were making the route more clear since there were several ways of doing things before...I figured the white spray paint, at most, was put there by redrock wheelers for easter jeep safari to keep everyone in a smooth straight line and from jamming up the trail by going over things different ways(since so many people would be on it at once)...I certainly didnt think they were closures. Why hasnt the BLM put up the brown plastic posts they normally put up to designate something as closed to ohv etc. traffic? and why are they closing off the alternate routes up the obsticals on PSM?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
They are closing alternate routes because the have enviro's crawling up their butts. Just recently heard that they are putting the status of the PSM Trail as 'Conditionally' open, which means they are watching for further damage. If more damage occurs, they close it.

What you guys did is pretty much an honest mistake. I saw a couple dirt bikers blazin off trail in the brush and cryptic sand a couple weeks ago, adding ammo to the enviro-nazi's gun.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by shmoesmith
hmmm, that really sucks. I was just under the assumption that they were making the route more clear since there were several ways of doing things before...I figured the white spray paint, at most, was put there by redrock wheelers for easter jeep safari to keep everyone in a smooth straight line and from jamming up the trail by going over things different ways(since so many people would be on it at once)...I certainly didnt think they were closures. Why hasnt the BLM put up the brown plastic posts they normally put up to designate something as closed to ohv etc. traffic? and why are they closing off the alternate routes up the obsticals on PSM?

Thats what I was thinking. If I'd have seen some BLM posts I wouldn't have done it.