Mona pole

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Has anyone gone on the mona pole road, Near Nephi I live in nephi and I've only gone a little ways on it from the little bit I went on it should be fun. I didn't dare go any farther by my self it would suck to break down there or get stuck.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have eyed that Canyon from I-15, and just recently heard that there is an established Trail up it! I want to check it out!

We need to to a Scouting Trip to Southern Utah Valley soon......

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
My Uncle has gone up mona pole a couple of times. As soon as it warms up and melts the snow I'm going to go up mona pole. I also have found a couple other places close to nephi that I'm going to try and do when I get my truck finished.

Wade O

Mona Pole is a nice ride with some good views. It goes through the Mt. Nebo Wilderness Area, but is open to vehicle travel (Please stay on the trail).

If you want to get really anal, you are suppose to get a day permit from the Ranger Station in Spanish Fork before going up, but I don't know many people that do.

Wade

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I think they changed the one day permit now you just have to stop at the box and fillout a form telling who you are what your driving and how manypeople are in your group I guess so they can contact you and ask you about the trail. They really put the box in a bad spot steep and really rocky. Will have to go on it sometime

Greg

Admin
I was bored so I drove out there today. It's very senic, but you can't legally drive in the bottom of the wash.... too bad!! That Wash would make a killer Trail! 5+, I'd say.

I'd like to run the Trail once it warms up, just say when!

Caleb

Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
I think they changed the one day permit now you just have to stop at the box and fillout a form telling who you are what your driving and how manypeople are in your group I guess so they can contact you and ask you about the trail. They really put the box in a bad spot steep and really rocky. Will have to go on it sometime

alot of state parks are like this...I think its so if your party ends up missing or a need arises for a rescue they know the where abouts and how many to plan for...

Greg

Admin
Did you go up the road any are you talking about the wash next to the mona pole road I've never looked down there.

I hiked up the Road, but kept looking into the bottom of the Wash. The Wash would be insane to wheel..... almost impossible.... almost!

Broncoman

lone peak 4 wheelers club has adopted mona pole and maintains that trail once or twice a year ... if you have ? call fackler tire in am. fork talk to jack or damon

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So what general location is this trail... more towards Spanish Fork or down furhter towards Nephi?

Thanks...I'm too lazy to find a map...:D

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
It's in the middle of nephi and santaquin and Theres a town there called Mona. When your on I-15 Look to your left and look for the cement plant the road going to the cement plant is the road to the trail head I think theres one fork go left at the fork andcross the little river there and fallow the road.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
It's in the middle of nephi and santaquin and Theres a town there called Mona. When your on I-15 Look to your left and look for the cement plant the road going to the cement plant is the road to the trail head I think theres one fork go left at the fork andcross the little river there and fallow the road.

Ah ha!, sounds familiar... does the trail go up and come back down or is it a loop? Is it fully open in the winter or do they close it down?

Greg

Admin
It's open all winter... matter of fact, as of today it looks real prime for Snow wheelin!

It's a Corridor thru the Mt. Nebo Wilderness area, you can go thru the mountains, then drive either North or South....... or go back down.

As far as I could tell, the actual road more or less a graded road.... no real challenge. But, I only went up as far as I could hike.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
The trail gose all the way up to the nebo loop road and then you can go back down to payson on one side or to nephi canyon on the other. The trail is not passable in the winter in a truck anyways. I don't think they have agate up atleast they didn't when I was up there in september. There's alot of places areound there to go wheelen and there wiould be alot of fun trails but alot of it's closed with solid gates across the roads

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Greg did you go by the cement plant and fallow the right up to the mountain the trail at the first looks like a fouwheeler trail but gets bigger how far did you hike up the trail there should of been a box to fill out the forms about 50 yards up the trail. My uncle had to push a Jeep with 33's and 4' lift up half of the trail. maybe we should call each other so where on the same page. on where the trail is i don't think where thinking of the same trail. But somthing that looks hard to me probable looks easy to you

Last edited: