Mona pole

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
Greg did you go by the cement plant and fallow the right up to the mountain the trail at the first looks like a fouwheeler trail but gets bigger how far did you hike up the trail there should of been a box to fill out the forms about 50 yards up the trail. My uncle had to push a Jeep with 33's and 4' lift up half of the trail. maybe we should call each other so where on the same page. on where the trail is i don't think where thinking of the same trail. But somthing that looks hard to me probable looks easy to you

It's the same. For sure.

I saw the box and the Forms, and all the Signs about the Trail. I hiked up a ways, but there was over a foot of snow in some places. I think in the warmer months, it would be a 2wd road.... then again, I was on foot and didn't go too far up. For all I know, it could get alot harder beyond where I was.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I really don't know how hard it is I had to have it in 4x4 since i have bigger tires and no gears and a suzuki you know what i mean After the box i probable went another 1/2 mile It gets pretty steap alot of gravel and big rocks but you can miss the bigger rocks I made it to th epine trees then theres a little rock garden That if you wheren't carful you could roll in to the trees but probably no big deal when dry. Thats when I turned around didn't want to get stuck me and my friens going to try the trail no this weekend but probable next only if I get my truck done. I 'll let you know how it was. If you already didn't run it.

Moon

Well heres my opinion just in case you were wondering. As long as there isn't any snow on the trail any stock 4 wheel drive vehicle can make that trail. There are some tight turns which we had to stick the stock '96 Chevy in reverse a few times but other that that it is a nice but at some a points bumpy trail. We were also able to take other vehicles there including our '96 Dodge Ram with a 4" body lift and 35's and a '94 stock Isuzu Trooper. We have been up that trail quite a bit. I would not go in the rain the mud at some points becomes slippery and could make for a scary drive with some of the sheer dropoff's. Well to be honest this is mudslides wife and that area is where we became engaged and further up the trail is where the 2 of us were married. You would remember if you were watching the news on 9-9-99. Ha Ha I gave him an easy date to remember!

Moon

hope my wife didn't scare you all away from the thread. If you all are looking for some muddie fun there are alot of places that are close by that I would classify as mud crawling lots of tecinal driving but on the slickest terain on earth "hard wet clay" tons funner than mona pole but the summer views on mona pole are some of the best in the state. OH and if anyone is in to building trails there is one that might be verry verry challanging. If you think the wash in mona pole looked fun try where one of the mudslides came down in yellow canyon in santaquin. some trail builders tried a little to open it back up but there is a water fall they called it that could be conquered but no one has yet. if anyone wants to go up there its not hard to find. but i'll be glad to go up on a week end or talk to redrock on the week days he knowes where it is. about the same length and rattlsnake but way steeper and alot more obstacles I would love to film and take pic of the first bad a** to make it up. not imposible but would be worth the respect of any RME member.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
There's a lot of places to go around nephi I used to go to a couple water falls but the owner of the ground fenced the openning to the canyon. Pluse there's probably alot other places to go. I know the owner I need to talk to him.