More work on the 5

Badbuggy

rock star
edsjeepforked.jpg

Badbuggy

rock star
Got the shocks charged up. Took it out and checked clearances with the fork lift. The front links, and suspension worked great. When my buddy bought the jeep it was already linked in the rear, but as we suspected the geometry is not even close, so we have to build some new links and re-locate them. We also found out how bad the rear axle seals were, tilting the jeep dumped out about of quart of 90 weight. I got the rear tire over 4 feet off the ground, and the others were still grounded. I think it had more, but I stopped there for now. A little more work before the test drive.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks like it might have some front axle steer.............................Can you post a front shot of it flexed out ?

If you're going off the tires being turned to the right while it's flexed out... look at the first pic on flat ground. The front tires are turned slightly right already. ;)

Badger

I am the Brute squad
No I'm not going on the tire being turned.I'm going by the front cross member not looking parallel to the center line of the axle housing.The rear of the frame looks to be turning away from the front axle.Granted its going to do this to an extent but it just looks massive in the pictures that are here to look at.

Shouldn't there be more vertical separation in the frame end mounts?They seem to almost be on the same plan.Which from what I understand would cause the front or if it was a rear axle to have axle steer.I would also think the lowers would need a less separation .Them seem a bit far apart.

Badbuggy

rock star
5 inches of vertical seperation, (It is all I could stand, math called for 6), upper links are 70 percent of the lower links. Upper links sit nearly flat on flat ground.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I know pictures don't always explain what is truly there.It just doesn't look like 5" of VS in a few of the pics.Something just doesn't look right with the front end.But ,who am I to say? I still haven't gotten a chance to build my frame let alone the suspension yet.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I never doubted you did I?

I was saying "it doesn't look like it in a few of the pics".In the last pic with the fork lift up front it is clear that there is some separation.

Badbuggy

rock star
What is really going to make the front axle "steer" is the seperation of the lower links at the frame. But with the drive shaft coming through, there was not alot I could do with that. I am sure there is some, but it is not anthing like the picture makes it look. But thanks for input.