Motorsports Expo at Miller Motorsports Park

MMP

Miller Motorsports Park
We hope to see everybody out here tomorrow. Tri City Performance is bringing out a 2010 Ranger, RZR-S, and Dragon Snowmobile. This will be a good chance to see the 010 line up from Polaris and to make a deal on snowmobile or UTV. Wasatch Trailer is now going to be here along with Lite Grip.

*jrwiii*

Most of the vendors are out at the park getting set up and ready. It looks like it is going to be an exciting day at Miller Motorsports Park. Come out to support the vendors and support Miller Motorsports Park. The Miller family is putting alot of effort into bringing new off road sports to Utah and they deserve our support.

MRJ

Just a user
Come out and see us at the Miller Motorsports Park. We have the MD racing class 1 car her to see. Plenty of action on the course as well. The weather could not be better.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So I went out and saw.... not much of anything, really. I will chalk that up to the relative obscurity of this event, no one really knew it was going on. HOPEFULLY, next year will be much better, because I like the venue, and like the idea.
Unfortunately this one was also marked by a pretty good backwards endo off the big wall on the course, with injured driver/passenger--- apparently the Jeep involved only had lap belts, not harnesses, so you can imagine the potential for injury. SAMI got some pretty graphic pics of the aftermath that I hope he will post up... good visual reminder to buckle up with the appropriate restraints if you're gonna get after the hard stuff. :eek:

anyway, the vendors who did show represented themselves well: CruiserOutfitters, Utah Powdercoating/Wood and Iron, Summit Machine (who brought the bitchin' race buggy in the pic above, that thing was sweeeeeet), Tuff Country, and I *think* Expedition One? (I know I saw a stickered rig leaving). Sarge was there representing U4WDA and Big Horn 4x4. :D
I really hope next year is promoted better though, and I know this is a first-time event for MMP. :D

After perusing what there was to peruse, and abusing Stephen a little too much, we went to check out the rest of the stuff. There were 2 groups holding races on the road course, a supermoto deal, and autocross. I didn't see any of the autocross, and caught 1/2 a lap of the supermoto, but the road races were great, as usual. First group looked to be daily drivers, with some Corvette Z06's, Evo's, and a Taurus SHO(!) out having fun... also some prepped 240z's, a couple Miatas, and some Porsche 944's. The next group was spec Mustangs, a wicked fast Evo, some Corvettes, and some 911's.

MMP is a GREAT venue to watch road races... and the view of the supermoto stuff is great too. I'd love to see them add some more to the rock course, and promote it more... and hopefully more people will turn out for the next Expo. :D

Great day overall. Just hope the rollover guys are ok. :(

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Let's be respectful with the photos we choose to post up of the incident. :)

I saw a race car charred to a crisp! Oops..

I want that car. Holy crap was it gorgeous.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If it was the black Corvette you saw, you are bliiiiind. :D J/K, it was a nicely-done club racer, I dug it too. Led the race for exactly 2 turns LOL, and burned up sometime after that.
I love them thar racecars.

sixb

Will work for beer!
I see your Summit Machine red buggy, and raise you the MountainYoat's 4400 class truck..

I'll try to bring it out.. No garuntees..

8229_159945425347_617960347_3559233.jpg

WTF Sami that truck of yours appears to be off the trail and the back tire is sitting on an endangered plant!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I can see how it looks off-trail. Which is unfortunate cause it's a pretty sweet photo. Sorry if I didn't catch the humor in the comment.. I'm beat from today..

reddman

Fabber
Wish I could have gone! I had to sleep all day to recover from my 48 hour work day trying to get all the fab done on that orange MD class 1. :eek: Hope people enjoyed seeing it, cause it nearly killed me to get it done in time!

Thanks to everyone that organized and attended this!

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Was rather dissapointed with the turn out. After the jeep took the dive it put a damper on the day for awile. Then a Sami, Jeep and 4runner got out and was running the course and it seemed to get people going again. Here's a few pics i took with my camera.
Dwayne

Attachments

• mmr pics 10-17-09 003.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 14
  • mmr pics 10-17-09 008.jpg
    mmr pics 10-17-09 008.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 38
  • mmr pics 10-17-09 016.jpg
    mmr pics 10-17-09 016.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 39
  • mmr pics 10-17-09 017.jpg
    mmr pics 10-17-09 017.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 47
  • mmr pics 10-17-09 018.jpg
    mmr pics 10-17-09 018.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 48
  • mmr pics 10-17-09 019.jpg
    mmr pics 10-17-09 019.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 41
  • mmr pics 10-17-09 020.jpg
    mmr pics 10-17-09 020.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 44

MRJ

Just a user
Well to put my $.02 in, the weather was great it was a bit windy and cold at first but turned out to be a great day. This was my first time to Miller Motorsports Park. What an awesome place.

I know John can put together a better event next year. There were too many date changes and not enough promotion to make this one work.

My best wishes go out to Ron and Ben that had the horible spill. The bystanders and the facility staff handled it perfecly. It was just a horible accident that happens when you attemp some of these things. I feel that the safety equipment might need to be mandated in the future but you have to expect injuries when this is what is available for people.

Thanks to those that came by and talked to us. Thank you to MD motorsports for the display of there car. Thanks to Brandon, Redd, and Don for the (rediculously) long hours to get the car back together for us to display.

We look forward to next year and what Miller Motorsports holds for us.

This place is a great resource for us and people need to get out there and use it.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Yep just to short of a notice. Look forward to next year. I'm sure there will be a better turn out. Has anyone heard how the two in the jeep are doing?? Best wishes goes out to them. Get well soon.Dwayne