Ms. conceptions motor sports

94rodeo

What do you guys know about ms. conceptions motor sports? I met J.R. and he seems to know his stuff. Anyone had work done by him before?

Troy

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
J.R is doing my steering for me and has done a lot of work on my uncle's jeep. he is a way cool guy, i always talk to him forever. he is just another wheeler ya know?
what sucks is that he has been ripped off a lot by stupid people that don't pay him. that seems to happen a lot in this industry. such a shame.

-nate

Caleb

wow, lots of talk about ms. conceptions...as always they get my seal of aproval...there are only a couple shops that I would refer anyone to and he is one of them...top notch work...;)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
we installed teralow 4:1 on my uncles yj the week before ejs, and we forgot to put in the seal that goes on the tranny output shaft. it doesn't even say anything about it in the instructions (crazy huh?) and i did not have that seal on mine cause his is an automatic. anyway, we got it all put back together and it leaked and he didn't want to tear it apart again so he called J.R and he put him in front of all his other work to fix it real quick. what a nice guy! i guess thats what you get for trying to use tera instructions.

-nate

I've had my third members set up by him, and bearings pressed on my axle shafts.. I can't complain about the work, JR is awesome! And quick too. I've also referred some friends there and he did good work for them too. When I need work done next I'm definitely going there!

terrymac

JR saved my sorry axle so I could go to EJS. He fixed it fast and for a very fair price. I would recommend him to anyone.

BTW -- he had a bad ass SAS Rodeo (!!) in his shop while I was there, 44's, Teralow, ARB's, 37's and some really nice tube work JR did.

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
i would agree, i have never had any work done by jr but i bought my gears from him and a limited slip, he ended up giving me the wrong ratio with the limited slip and didnt have the right ratio in stock so he had to give me an open carier but he ended up letting me borow his bearings that have been bord out to make instalation a lot easier.

imo a very good guy, i am going to do buisness with him again

and his work looks hella good ! :D

Pike2350

Originally posted by terrymac

BTW -- he had a bad ass SAS Rodeo (!!) in his shop while I was there, 44's, Teralow, ARB's, 37's and some really nice tube work JR did.

That Rodeo was probably Troy's(the guy who started the thread) It is pretty tall. I am assuming that it was dark blue with a lot of yellow on the underside?

It may have been an Amigo. He has some seriously nice tube work done by JR....a custom bumper, rock guards, and read bumper/quarter panel protection.

Steve

Last edited:

terrymac

Originally posted by Pike2350

That Rodeo was probably Troy's(the guy who started the thread) It is pretty tall. I am assuming that it was dark blue with a lot of yellow on the underside?

It may have been an Amigo. He has some seriously nice tube work done by JR....a custom bumper, rock guards, and read bumper/quarter panel protection.

Steve

You may be right; Amigo, Rodeo, I personally couldn't tell you what the difference is. I don't remember any yellow on it, but it did have some nice tube work.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax

You may be right; Amigo, Rodeo, I personally couldn't tell you what the difference is. I don't remember any yellow on it, but it did have some nice tube work.

I think Amigos were the two door versions of the rodeo before 1998.

All of em after 98 are called Rodeos I think. Could be wrong. The two door and 4 door now are Rodeos they got rid of the Amigo name. Good thing they waited that long.

jeepzz

I don't post in here very often but I had to stop and say good words for JR. I was so impressed with his work and pricing with my old 87 XJ that I had him build me up a newer one.
He's done almost all of the work on my once bone stock 97 XJ. The work I had done elsewhere, I had JR fix.

Pike2350

Sounds like it was Fernando's Amigo. The Amigo was the 2 door version from 89-94 then from 98-2000. In 01 they renamed the Amigo the Rodeo Sport.

Fernando's Amigo is pretty awesome. The tubework is extrmely impressive. I just talked to JR yesterday to see about doing a similiar body lift. He takes the front mounts and rewelds them higher so the front 2 mounts don't need to be lift pucks and it clears up the wheel well a little for the tires.

Steve

94rodeo

Jonsey, If you get a chance go to JR's and check out the way he is redoing my front links. Hope to see you on the 4th bud.

Troy

Vonski

nothing to see here...
JR is a great guy and a good friend of Carl and Myself. If one of our shops is too busy or can better serve a specific customer's needs, we send them over to the other's shop. :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by tweakeyjeep
ANyone wanna post the number and address to ms conception? Thanks!

I asked quite a while ago for this shop to be posted in the "Businesses and Shop Web links", let's see if we can get it there..