My buggy build up & report.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Since last November (2003) I have been designing and building a new chassis. In hopes of getting it done in time for some EJS action and 21 road trip I have been working every night after work for the past 2.5 months.

Big thanks to Caleb (Supergper) for lending me a very essential tool. :D

Here are the pictures.

Starting out. December 13th:
DSCF0001.jpg

January 24th (had a broken wrist from December 22nd untill January 23rd):
2DSCF0006.jpg

February 2nd:
4DSCF0005.jpg

March 1st:
5DSCF0002.jpg

and:
6DSCF0011.jpg

March 5th: Rear D44 sleaved & trussed
7DSCF0004.jpg

and
8DSCF0009.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
March 8th, they arrived :D
9fox_air_shock.jpg

March 11th:
10DSCF0002a.jpg

March 14th:
11DSCF0003b.jpg

rear mounted radiator:
12DSCF0006b.jpg

After most of the left over engine components and suspension parts were positioned and tuned I had to completely tear the chassis down, flip it upside down and finish off all the welds. Then I painted eveything, cleaned up the engine and put it all back together.

Got it running Friday night with a slew of wires still sticking out of the side of the chassis. :ugh: The wiring was easy but not very fun, to say the least.

On Saturday (April 3rd) I took it down to get the exhaust done by RNK Muffler in Wellington, Utah (Very high quality work).

Today I finished up some of the wiring and got the cooling fan working. Took it for a short test drive in front of my house. :D

13buggyoutside001.jpg

Hope to see some of you in Moab. :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Cool! You built that thing really quick! Looks nice, do you have skins to go on it? Next Sunday UPG? :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
RockMonkey said:
Cool! You built that thing really quick! Looks nice, do you have skins to go on it? Next Sunday UPG? :D

No skins made yet. No hood either. :(

We'll see how she keeps running and if all is good then I'm all for UPG. :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Elder SAMI said:
that is sweet, so you are going to moab during EJS? if so i hope i see ya there..

Yep. Hopefully leaving Tuesday... Depends if my tow rig is done by then. The intermediate band in the transmission came off. I don't have 2nd gear, and I can't put it into park. :mad: :)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Herzog said:
Yep. Hopefully leaving Tuesday... Depends if my tow rig is done by then. The intermediate band in the transmission came off. I don't have 2nd gear, and I can't put it into park. :mad: :)

that sucks.... i'm sure you'll find a way down... your Herzog! :hickey: .... we should be passing through on Tuesday, maybe we'll see ya.

Caleb

Herzog said:
No skins made yet. No hood either. :(

We'll see how she keeps running and if all is good then I'm all for UPG. :)

I've said it before, that thing is sweet looking...I'm going hoodless too for the first little while (atleast till I figure out what the heck I'm gonna do:D) give us some more test pics, I know there was more...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
All I can say is that Fox air shocks freaking RULE! :) They give such a nice ride and work very well, from what I have seen so far. :cool:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
That's sweet Zog, what size tubing did you use?? looks like 1 3/4"... I would like to see a pic of the front... :)

Herzog said:
On Saturday (April 3rd) I took it down to get the exhaust done by RNK Muffler in Wellington, Utah (Very high quality work).

I can second this, they did the exhaust on my 57' Chevy. Fast build-up, looks killer. What is your guess on how much it weighs?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shawn said:
That's sweet Zog, what size tubing did you use?? looks like 1 3/4"... I would like to see a pic of the front... :)

Thanks! It's mostly 1.75" and about a length and a half of 1.5". I didn't seem to get any pictures of the finished front. I'll see if I can get some tomorrow! :)