My buggy build up & report.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
sukaB said:
Do think Anti-rock or no!?
I havent ran air shocks and all I hear is how bad they are for dialing in and setup for proper abuse and alot of guys are going back to coilovers...
HHMMMM?
I want to run some on my new ride but...
I wish i would have ran yours diizzzllleeee
Them tires l :eek: k awesome glad to see a real tire on there..

Anti-rock bars are probably a possibility in the future, at least on one end. I'm going to try some things first to get it to stable out on sidehills. It seems to side hill ok, but I know it could be better. Gotta remember, I'm not competing in this rig just driving hard (well, not too hard) on the trails.

I like the air shocks a lot, but I have never driven a rig wil coilovers so I can't compare.

And the tires rock. I'll have'm until they wear all the way down. :cool:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Shawn said:
Is it me or does the front end look like :eek: ...?

hehehehehe..

Looks good!

:eek: You're right! :rofl:

The front won't look like that for very long. I just threw those on there so I could do a night trail in Moab.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
sibeta said:
hey did you ever get a hood on that buggy of yours?? Final Pic's ?

Still no hood. I'm thinking about some kind of fiber glass deal though. Not sure.

Here is the most recent picture I have. From Moab about 3 weeks ago.
moab_5_31_04_002.jpg

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Herzog said:
Well, for strength and the fact that I shortened the one side red-neck style. My d44's rule. :D

ahhh...............redneck style :rofl:

now had you done that before when it was under the cherokee or when you were building the buggy?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
James K said:
ahhh...............redneck style :rofl:

now had you done that before when it was under the cherokee or when you were building the buggy?

I did it before it went under the cherokee. It wasn't until it was going under the buggy I rebuilt the truss and decided to sleeve it better. :busted:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Snoopy said:
Do you have any pictures of BEHIND the skins ~ i.e. how they are attached?

Sorry, no pics...
The skins are attached by small tabs welded to the chassis and .25" x 1" bolts. I had a friend cut out the tabs (nearly 100 of them) on a cnc plasma table. They work great.

Snoopy

*Rock*Binder
Herzog said:
Sorry, no pics...
The skins are attached by small tabs welded to the chassis and .25" x 1" bolts. I had a friend cut out the tabs (nearly 100 of them) on a cnc plasma table. They work great.
SO how much would he want for 300 tabs? :suka: