my classroom needs calculators!!!

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I was doing a unit on acceleration this week with my science kids. I realized we don't have enough calculators. I have a "classroom set" that is about 15 of them. about one a week breaks. Not from the students these calcs are about 8-10 years old. The budget doesn't have enough money in it to buy a new set. I was thinking maybe some of you have your old ones laying around. I am not looking for really expensive graphing calculators, just scientific ones. I really like the TI-30 series. If you want to donate them to a class let me know. I think they are like 9 bucks at walmart to give you an idea. Any help would be appreciated. I teach at Dixon Jr. in Provo so many of my kids can't buy their own. If you would even like to buy an new one or no where I can get some donated that would be great. I need about 35 of them. Maybe someone just wants to hook me up with the money to buy a set. I can get you a receipt for taxes too. thanks in advance. If you live far away and need to ship it I can pm you my address and then maybe send some money for shipping if I need to. thanks again.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
I am not looking for really expensive graphing calculators, just scientific ones. I really like the TI-30 series. If you want to donate them to a class let me know. I think they are like 9 bucks at walmart to give you an idea.
Do you mean this one?

0003331702999_500X500.jpg

I'd be down for some.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
WOW GUYS thanks. that pic is the exact one I would like. The TI30Xa. I really appreciate it. Paypal is kingofmoab@yahoo.com I really can't thank you enough. I had kids sharing chairs at the beginning of the year(Not desk, actually more than one kid per chair) now they are down to sharing calculators and soon, with help like this maybe not even that.

jsudar

I was going to donate a slide rule and abacus, but it seems I've been outclassed by some very generous people who posted above.

We have those calcs at work. Joe and I will both steal one and donate them. Since Provo buys water from us, it will still come out of Provo's budget in a very round about way. How's that for working the system?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I was going to donate a slide rule and abacus, but it seems I've been outclassed by some very generous people who posted above.

We have those calcs at work. Joe and I will both steal one and donate them. Since Provo buys water from us, it will still come out of Provo's budget in a very round about way. How's that for working the system?

I 'll have all the kids go pee in deer creek to give you your water back as payment.

You have surely been outclassed by those who posted above you.

I already have enough to buy 17!!!!

Thanks so much to everyone, except you.

jet_aj

Just loosing my mind
...sent enough for a couple, just tell those kids that its the responsible 4-wheel drive community that was willing to help out a class in need... you can show the next generation to like us before they get to college and are told that we are evil

mesha

By endurance we conquer
...sent enough for a couple, just tell those kids that its the responsible 4-wheel drive community that was willing to help out a class in need... you can show the next generation to like us before they get to college and are told that we are evil

I will do that for sure. I have already given them a tast of it by showing a wheeling video as part of a unit.

Many of you have been so generous. I am close to a classroom set now. 35 is a set and I have enough for 19 plus however many trndrvr sent. those 35 will serve about 220 kids! I will make sure to get a picture and some letters from them. I really appreciate it guys.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
So when I got home from work today there was a package on the frontsteps. I opened it up and inside was 10 new calculators, and a bag of candy :). Thanks TRNDRVR. I can't believe that only a couple of days ago I didn't know whatI was going to do and then today I have 26 calculators. I will have 29 as soon as walmart restocks, I bought them out. thanks so much. It really is nice to know some people care. It gets hard hearing he/shes not my problem (coming from a parent when I call about grades). I think I will write a love song about those on here who helped.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
thank you pictures

here is a picture of the class with the calculators. thanks again. Some of them held them up in front of their face because they where embarrased. It isn't a good picture sorry. I didn't tell them what it was for at first. fter the picture I told them it was to say thankyou for the calculators. some of them said "oh man you shoulda told us. i would have dressed up or at least smiled"

Attachments

• thanks calcs 001.jpg
    thanks calcs 001.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 23