My First Bike!!

Cascadia

Undecided
I got my slave and master cylinder bled tonight. It took me all of 3 minutes. I used a 99.9% pure mineral oil sold in any pharmacy section. I guess it's used to make you poo. I read everywhere you could use any mineral oil as ling as it's pure so I hope mine doesn't take a crap. I ordered some hand guards, a new o ring chain, and front and rear sprocket from Caleb that should arrive tomorrow. After I get those on I'm good to go again.

Cascadia

Undecided
Hopefully I can make it Thursday. I usually have double header softball games on Tuesday but I might be able to make an exception...again.

Cascadia

Undecided
Got all my parts in the mail and I'm having a really hard time getting the 2 bolts out that keep the rear axle/wheel pushed back to keep the chain tight. I've tried everything. Is there a machine shop around Orem that is recommended to help me get the Bolts out? Cheaper is better. Or anyone want to help me get them out? I'm trying to get everything so I can ride on Saturday or the Monday holiday.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
Thanks rot box. I looked it up on my phone cause I'm working. The picture is too small. What is the larger piece? Is it permanent and becomes part of the bike or is it just part of the removing process? Are the new nut and bolt the same size as the stock ones? How is it that the threads inside don't get stripped with a drill bit?

Cascadia

Undecided
Or are you hollowing out the hole for the stock size bolt to fit in but it is just a hollow hole for the excess bolt to stick in? Is the plate piece threaded and it sits flush on the swing arm? How is it attached? Tension at both ends?

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm looking for a M10X1.25 coupling nut. I can't find one anywhere. I guess the standard size is m10x1.5. I have found m10x1.25 nuts but I need a longer one so something like a coupling nut would be best. I've looked all over town and online everywhere and can't find one. Can anyone on here make one or know some place I might not have checked?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Or are you hollowing out the hole for the stock size bolt to fit in but it is just a hollow hole for the excess bolt to stick in? Is the plate piece threaded and it sits flush on the swing arm? How is it attached? Tension at both ends?

Somewhat. You basically drill through the current broken off bolt/stripped out bolt with the provided drill bit. Once you have a hole there you tap the new threaded insert in place and thread the new adjustment bolt into it. It is just a snug fit and it works the same way the stock one does however if it ever strips or seizes in place all you have to do is pull hard to remove the whole assembly. they work great as long as you take your time and drill it straight.