My Jeep got totaled early this morning... pics

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Here's the story. Me and a few friends were camping yesterday at Hope Campground in Provo Canyon. For those of you who aren't familiar with the area, let me paint you a little picture. you go up a long windy road for maybe? 5? 10? miles? I have never counted it. Then to the left is Hope and to the right is Squaw Peak, a look out point. Well right now, the gate is closed right by the T in the road. So to get to the actual Hope campground you've gotta hike in maybe a mile or two. So we got a little shopping cart, lol, and got our whole campsite set up. People start drinking, except me. Not sure why, just didn't feel like drinking. So stuff happens, fast forward, now we're at 3am. If it hadn't been so damn cold I would've been off in Jennyland very asleep, but it was cold so I was wrapped up by the fire trying to nap. Then, the 3 guys that are still awake (the rest passed out by now) come up to me asking me if they can go out to my Jeep for more alcohol. Mind you, II'd already supplied about a gallon of vodka and a fifth of gin which was supposed to be just for me but I wasn't drinking. Anyway, I said no because they were already drunk and could barely walk. Time goes on. 1 more guy passes out. 1 guy is about to pass out. And the remaining guy, let's call him Bob, who is my cousin's best friend appears sobered up. No slurring, no unsteadiness when he walks, he can carry on a conversation just fine, not saying stupid stuff that he says when he's drunk most of the time, etc. And he asks me again if he can go get another bottle from my car. After much debating and conversation, I give him the key to my Jeep. Quite possibly the worst judgement call of my life. He's very physically fit and going into the Marines in a couple weeks, so the plan was for him to jog to and from and be back in no more than 45min. Why didn't I go with him? I'd already hiked in and out 3 trips total that day, and I'm not the most physically fit person in the world and I was dead tired. Oh, and I trusted him. -_- Soooo the next thing I know I'm being woekn up at 6am by my mother and a cop. *sigh* "Bob" drove my jeep and ran it off a cliff into a gully. He rolled it I think 1 time. Somehow he got out and walked to the main road and got a ride to the hospital. I don't know anything about his injuries because as soon as he was done at the hospital they took him to the police station and smacked almost $4k of fines on his ass. He turns 21 next month, he's lucky he was still underage. But his injuries couldn't have been too bad since he was released from the hospital. I had a hi-lift jack sitting in the cargo area of my jeep, and that flew forward and is no laying between the front two seat and on the back seat. He probably got knocked by it. There's a bunch of blood on the door and on the seats, there was a big trail of blood on the plants out to the road. But somehow that son of a ***** is still alive. Now, for the pics.... This first set are from when we were coming down and stopped to check out the wreckage. Pardon the poor quality, my palm pilot is the only camera I have now. And sory if they're a little blurry, I was trying not to shake.

MORAL OF THE STORY: NEVER drink and drive!!!! (especially in someone else's vehicle!)

Last edited:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
There were taken at the actual scene. Notice the strong as hell front bumper. :cool: It may have been scratched, but that thing is tough as nails. Not even bended at all. Love that thing...

Attachments

• Photo_051505_002.JPG
    Photo_051505_002.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Photo_051505_011.JPG
    Photo_051505_011.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Photo_051505_008.JPG
    Photo_051505_008.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo_051505_006.JPG
    Photo_051505_006.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Photo_051505_001.JPG
    Photo_051505_001.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 90

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Now for the somwhat better pics taken once the vehicle was towed to my house.

Attachments

• Photo_051505_016.JPG
    Photo_051505_016.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Photo_051505_017.JPG
    Photo_051505_017.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Photo_051505_018.JPG
    Photo_051505_018.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Photo_051505_019.JPG
    Photo_051505_019.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Photo_051505_021.JPG
    Photo_051505_021.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Photo_051505_022.JPG
    Photo_051505_022.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Photo_051505_023.JPG
    Photo_051505_023.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Photo_051505_026.JPG
    Photo_051505_026.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 39

muleskinner

That sucks! Too bad the A-hole isn't hurt worse. I guess it's better he did it on the mountain instead of in town around other people. Did you tell him he could drive it, or just get something out of it?

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Oh, and, I'm going to be parting it out, so if you'd like anything send me a PM. I'd be willing to bet most of it still works, there's just way too much body damage.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
muleskinner said:
That sucks! Too bad the A-hole isn't hurt worse. I guess it's better he did it on the mountain instead of in town around other people. Did you tell him he could drive it, or just get something out of it?
Absolutely not. If I would've known he wanted to drive somewhere I would've driven him myself. The worst part is, the bastard is saying I told him to go buy cigarettes with my Jeep... I don't even smoke! And what kinda sober person would hand over her keys to someone who'd been drinking? :rolleyes: I'm REALY glad he didn't hurt anyone else, I just wish he had a serious injury or something.

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
Serves him right for potentially endangering peoples lives.
Too bad alot of drunk drivers harm other people and not just themselves...
Sorry to hear about yor jeep though.

Caleb

so are they going to be getting you with anything for supplying alcohol to someone under aged? sucks about your Jeep, you had ins right?

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Hickey said:
Full insurance?
:mad2: Nope. We just barely knocked it down to Liability last month because I got my car as a DD and wasn't using it much. They did pay for the towing, though, so I guess I can count my blessings? :mad2: The same thing happened to my cousin when he rolled his Civic. He'd just taken off the full coverage the week before. I think my family's cursed with insurance.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Supergper said:
so are they going to be getting you with anything for supplying alcohol to someone under aged? sucks about your Jeep, you had ins right?
Nope, I'm a minor too. I'm 18. Neither of our suppliers were there, thankfully. One of em was thinking about coming down. Luckily no one got arrested for the drinking, but my cousin did get arrested because he had a warrant out for him. But his parents bailed him out so he's alright.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Chiksic said:
:mad2: Nope. We just barely knocked it down to Liability last month because I got my car as a DD and wasn't using it much. They did pay for the towing, though, so I guess I can count my blessings? :mad2: The same thing happened to my cousin when he rolled his Civic. He'd just taken off the full coverage the week before. I think my family's cursed with insurance.
Hahaha, actually they didn't pay for the towing. :rolleyes: My mom just handed me the bill. $200.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
I hope ya learned a lot more than just not to give your keys to a drunk dude. :ugh:

Sorry to hear about your Jeep and the bad experience.

V-DAWG

someday
Why was he lucky he was still underage?

It doesn't matter if you had full coverage insurance, because he is going to pay for the damage, right?

Meat_

Banned
That sucks.

Don't part it, keep it, exo it.... you already have a good start on body dammage ;)

V-DAWG said:
....he is going to pay for the damage, right?

Why don't I see that happening.....