My Jeep got totaled early this morning... pics

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
V-DAWG said:
Why was he lucky he was still underage?

It doesn't matter if you had full coverage insurance, because he is going to pay for the damage, right?

If he were 21 he'd be slapped with contributing to the deliquency of minors as well.

I have a feeling I'm not going to see a dime from him. His story is I was begging him to go buy cigarettes :rolleyes: I really doubt he is mature enough to step up and take responsibility. But, I feel good that he has 4k in fines and a DUI on record now.

RockMonkey said:
Holy crap, he deserves a beating... :mad2:

Are you volunteering? :D

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Chiksic said:
He's very physically fit and going into the Marines in a couple weeks.......He turns 21 next month.........I feel good that he has 4k in fines and a DUI on record now.
Probably won't be going into the Marines after this. Military frowns on behavior like this.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Chiksic said:
Hopefully. My confidence in our military will go down if they still accept him. :(
My next door neighbor is full time military. He tells me that if someone is busted for DUI, it's basically a career ender. I'd be surprised they even take him with an arrest that fresh. I would also assume that he'd have to tell them about it. I'm sure it won't be done in the court system for a while. I doubt they'll go for letting him out of boot camp so he can go to court for pending criminal charges. Who knows though?

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
TRNDRVR said:
My next door neighbor is full time military. He tells me that if someone is busted for DUI, it's basically a career ender. I'd be surprised they even take him with an arrest that fresh. I would also assume that he'd have to tell them about it. I'm sure it won't be done in the court system for a while. I doubt they'll go for letting him out of boot camp so he can go to court for pending criminal charges. Who knows though?
Yeah good point. I dunno, though. They were still going to take him even though he had a warrant out for him from St. George. *shrug* Don't ask, don't tell. But he's still in jail and he can't go to boot camp when he's locked up.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Wow girl, that really sucks! I am sorry to hear about what happened.
What a Dick that guy must be. One of my best friends let one of her guy friends borrow her Jeep Cherokee. He completly totalled it by driving drunk and NEVER offered her any type of money for it. He would not even let her borrow his bicycle to get around town. This was all when I was living in Moab. Anyways, if there is anything that I can do let me know!!! :D

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Barbie said:
Wow girl, that really sucks! I am sorry to hear about what happened.
What a Dick that guy must be. One of my best friends let one of her guy friends borrow her Jeep Cherokee. He completly totalled it by driving drunk and NEVER offered her any type of money for it. He would not even let her borrow his bicycle to get around town. This was all when I was living in Moab. Anyways, if there is anything that I can do let me know!!! :D
Yep, I believe it. That's my situation only I have a Scion instead of having to borrow a bike. Thank god for that!

JF1

Sorry to hear Chik. That guy sounds like an asshole. Are you going to try and pursue any legal recourse against the guy?
Joe

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
JF1 said:
Sorry to hear Chik. That guy sounds like an asshole. Are you going to try and pursue any legal recourse against the guy?
Joe
I'm not sure. Is there really anything I can do? It's my Jeep and I did give him the key. My intent was not to have him drive, but it's his word against mine pretty much. Although I did have the cop breath test me that morning and obviously since I only had 2 beers there was no alcohol in my system. So that proves at least one thing I said was truthfull. I'm not sure if I have a case, though.

Plus, he doesn't have money anyway. Marines don't get paid a very big salary, and if he doesn't get accepted in there he's unemployed. No point in using my money to sue someone who can't pay anyway. I don't think they garnish wages for civil suits, do they?

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Can and will garnish wages. Was working for a car lot, quit and returned the car I bought from him. Little buyt here pay here, and I was the polish monkey, read paw-lisshhh, not po-lish :confused: , and then I quit cause he was not someone to work for. Returned the car to the lot, in better shape than he sold it, new tires, radiator, polished, stereo, alternator and battery I had replaced in a month.

He has sued and garnished my wages for that.

My bad I guess, I missed the court date to refute his charges, and I didn't keep any of my receipts.

Good Luck. I know where there is an 85 2 door body, if your stuff will swap over, sick 2.5 right now. Probably $200, and a 5 hour tow to SLC

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Hmm that's good to know. I don't know if I want to sue my cousin's best friend, though. I don't know if it's worth the hassle.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'm going to replace my Jeep yet. I'm going to go insane without it this summer, but I'm just not ready to move on yet. *wipes a tear* It's like when you have a pet that dies you can't just go out and replace it immediately, ya know? Ya gotta mourn a little. :p Plus I'm going away to college this fall and I don't think I can have 2 vehicles at the dorms.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Chiksic said:
. I'm going to go insane without it this summer, but I'm just not ready to move on yet. *wipes a tear* It's like when you have a pet that dies you can't just go out and replace it immediately, ya know? Ya gotta mourn a little. :p Plus I'm going away to college this fall and I don't think I can have 2 vehicles at the dorms.

Yup, that is exactly why I still don't have a van yet. When you have as much emotion tied up in a rig as I (we?) did, well, its hard to move forward.

Even when I go wheeling now in the XXXploder, my wife will stop me and say honey, no. Its not the van it won't protect us like he did :eek: :sick: :eek:

One day.................

gksspot

Chiksic said:
Yep, I believe it. That's my situation only I have a Scion instead of having to borrow a bike. Thank god for that!

The sadest thing is that the Jeep got totalled and not the Scion. :)

Glad to hear no one was really hurt, I wouldnt hope injury on even the stupidest person.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
gksspot said:
The sadest thing is that the Jeep got totalled and not the Scion. :)

Very true. If it had been the Scion my insurance would've paid for it. *shrug* but then again, Justin would probably be dead. Scion's aren't made of anything. So I guess it's alright.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
Update on "Bob": He's being shipped off to Washington county tomorrow to serve time for his warrant down there. Then he'll be shipped back up here to serve his time for this DUI. Since he's unemployed and doesn't have thousands lying around, he's going to be locked up for a while. I think it's a great thing for him, he needs it to grow up.

M

mrjingles

well i feel like i'm the only one thinking this way.. but i will express my point of view. I do feel bad that your jeep is beyond repair.. but this is all completely your fault and no one elses... you brought all this stuff on yourself.

-you were involved in illegal comsumption of alcohol, and you gave your keys to a man who had previously been drinking that night.

Again i'm sorry about the jeep... but i feel you got just what you deserved for all the immature actions you took. Hope you think things through better next time and decide to grow up sometime soon :D