My Name is Ross.... And I have an addiction....to Land Rovers

Troop92

Got them on discounttiredirect.com. free shipping no taxes. Then took them to discount tire to have them mounted. Saved my self over $50 doing it that way. Tires were $145 shipped.

That's my tire size too, unless I upsize again... For $145 shipped/tire that's DIRT cheap.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
So. Rear alpine window blew out on a trip today. Really stupid.

c0e6332f99f61c54ff4477ab99c1e966.jpg

A little duct tape. Back on the road.

161f9b17ccf3997fd014fe3bca19a314.jpg

zukijames

thats nuts i thought those were un breakable!

mine on my old disco had a big scratch in it and dents on the rain gutter underneath from hitting rocks!

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Didn't take any pictures. Sorry as I get older I get lazier.

Changed out my thermostat From the stock 195 degree unit to a 180 degree unit. Took about 30 minutes to do. Now the fans aren't turning on constantly. I let it idle for 30 minutes on my driveway and the electric fan didn't come on once. It usually comes on all the time.

I'm still amazed at him much easier this thing is to work on compared to my last range rover p38. Its taken me hardly anytime to get trail ready. There are loads of parts for it and they are pretty reasonable in cost.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Well it's pretty much done. Other then a few maintenance items.

I have the parts but haven't done anything with them yet:

Serpentine Belt
Transfer case flush
Transmission oil change
Wire my CB antenna
Repaint the fender flares
New stereo with blue tooth. Cords suck

Long term projects:

Gas tank skid plate
Rear bumper
Exhaust system
Diff guards

A picture from yesterday

uploadfromtaptalk1411313274676.jpg

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
Alright. The ACE (active cornering enhancement) Died when I was coming home through Jackson Wyoming a couple weeks ago. Some how one of the lines at the back wore a hole through itself and started spraying hydraulic fluid all over the place. (AS IN YELLOWSTONE). Opps.

Anyway, I didn't notice until we were between Teton National Park and Jackson. When suddenly the pump sounded like a spaceship taking off. Unfortunately I was still 10 miles from Jackson. So I dumped some water on the pump to cool it down. Long story short, we made it to a Napa Store in Jackson. I figured if I got a serpentine belt that fits a Disco without ACE, I might be able to make it home. That's if they have the belt. Well, as luck would have it, They had the belt. WHOOO HOOO.

Luckily Jackson is a richy rich town so they are the only place in Wyoming that has 4G LTE. I was able to look up a diagram for the belt routing.

So I went to McDonalds and had the wife and kids go inside for a tasty lunch.

20 minutes later, I had the pump out and lying in a puddle of water to cool it down. I burned my fingers pulling the bolts out. Then all that was left was to put the belt on. By the time everyone was done eating and getting back in, I was finished and ready for my quarter-pounder meal with a Coke. mmmmm.

So now its a bit floppy when taking corners fast. I'll just get a non-ACE sway-bar for the front, and that should be good enough.

Last night I removed the sway-bar and ace crap from the back. I've probably removed close to 100 lbs of crap. I still need to remove the lines on the front swaybar. Took about 15 minutes to get it out. I don't know why people are so afraid of working on Land Rovers. all you need are basic Metric hand tools. I can carry everything I need in a small tool bag.

10374506_10152424923995028_9050454332435702700_n.jpg