my new play toy w/44" tires

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I just bought this bad boy for 5k. chebby 350 , th350 , 44 front and a 14bolt rear. 44" truxus, 4" springs. Needs a drop draglink and the frame rewelded at the box. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
needs flares and mudflaps. I think it's a killer wheeler. low center of gravity for the tires. What else needs fixin? I DIG the roll bar ... err light bar :)

Last edited:

harkinoff

something to do...
looks like it needs some sawzall action:D what t-case does it have? what gears? are you going to just make it a wheeler or pavement pound it as well?

Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
trim up those fenders, that thing is looking a little heavy for its sheetmetal.....bob the bed and trim that thing up...other than that it is absolutely ugly....so whats new right :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I think it would look a lot better with some sheetmetal damage...:D I hope that's a D60 in the front....

Here's your tow rig.....
77GMC.JPG

tv_larsen

Looks like a pavement pounder. You need a real front end before you touch the dirt in that thing. Also, it needs a lot of sawzall action just for street duty.

Whats the axle gearing?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by tv_larsen
It's a 44, and it's not even a 3/4 ton 44, notice the 6 lugs? Sky, you really need a new front end.

Or you can just carry two spares with different lug patterns... not to mention lots of spare D44 parts if you plan on engaging the 4wd...:D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
If you bought this for 5K them you have to much money.

That truck is worthless!

44's and a Dana 44 = BOOOOMMMM

What does it get, 2 miles per gal?

Fess up Sky, you really didn't buy it right?

:eek:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
CRAP!!!! I just noticed the two different axles lugs.... Thats good though cuz the half ton axle will make it so I don't crack the half ton frame again right. I wanna build a rear bumper but now it needs to hold TWO 44" tires. it has 4.10's but the guy said he was waiting for 5.71's that he'd give me when they arrived. I am fairly sure it's a 205 again I didn't study it that well. If I lift it any more the steering geometry will be screwy and I will need a drop drag link... thats a PITA. How bout those tires though?? swamper really outdid themselves this time eh? did I mention the new play toy I got too?

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
what tell you go wheelin with me in my new chrome rig... I bounce off rocks cuz I'm so shlick. the shabby is local. the jeep I have no idea ask the lil blue dude.