My new ride... a Lexus?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
did you buy chance by this in sugar house, utah? there was one rolling around just like it for the longest time.. i really like it by the way.

The owner was living in Draper, but he may have previously lived in Sugar House.

Nice new ride Greg. Looks like most of the work was already done for you.

Yeah, it has some very tasteful mods already taken care of. There is still plenty of stuff I want to do, but for the time being, it's very well setup.

I figure in about another year you will be putting in an offer to get the RME Jeep back...

Now you tell me! Anyone want to buy a Lexus?! :rofl:

Johnny4X4

i did the rig change thing alot too, 78 bronco, 95 bronco, 69 bronco, 75 cj-5, and finaly a 98 tj is where i stopped (or paused) ha ha, i have 3 kids now - so I need a 3 person back seat.

I am all for changing rigs till you find your notch or till you run out of money.

best of luck with it.

Hunt

Now you tell me! Anyone want to buy a Lexus?! :rofl:

Not that I am looking to sell it but if I was you will be the first to know. I told you when I bought it that if you wanted it back in a year or two just make a fair offer. You have the complete history since it left CO.

Greg

Admin
i did the rig change thing alot too, 78 bronco, 95 bronco, 69 bronco, 75 cj-5, and finaly a 98 tj is where i stopped (or paused) ha ha, i have 3 kids now - so I need a 3 person back seat.

I am all for changing rigs till you find your notch or till you run out of money.

best of luck with it.

Good point! I've been all over the place with my vehicles in the past, but I think I've finally got what I need.

Give me a couple of months. :rofl:

:eek: :rofl:

Not that I am looking to sell it but if I was you will be the first to know. I told you when I bought it that if you wanted it back in a year or two just make a fair offer. You have the complete history since it left CO.

I appreciate it Clayton, I better start saving my pennies. :D

Greg

Admin
I think a lot of us saw this coming...

That was part of the deal, if Clayton ever decided to move on, I was first on the list to buy it back. He was kind enough to agree to that. My problem will be coming up with the dough, since I'm not making half of what I was a couple years ago. :sick:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Can I be second?

This "Jeepless" thing is getting on my nerves already. :D

Like was said, don't use PB. 1/2" Marine Grade will hold up well (what I had in the back of my XJ), and is easily found.

LT.

I am going to show just how dumb I am by asking, what really separates a expedition vehicle from just a trail rig that most of us have? I see that Greg seems to really like the expedition type vehicles but, I am unsure of how an expedition rig is really different than the usual trail rigs. Thanks in advance.

LT.

I am going to show just how dumb I am by asking, what really separates a expedition vehicle from just a trail rig that most of us have? I see that Greg seems to really like the expedition type vehicles but, I am unsure of how an expedition rig is really different than the usual trail rigs. Thanks in advance.

LT.

For me it's on pavement mannerisms and extra space for those in the family tree.

Greg

Admin
Can I be second?

This "Jeepless" thing is getting on my nerves already. :D

Like was said, don't use PB. 1/2" Marine Grade will hold up well (what I had in the back of my XJ), and is easily found.

:D Get in line.

LT.

For me, long distance comfort, driveability and reliability are key. Plus room to be self-sufficient over hundreds of miles and days. There's no way I'd try driving my old TJ on 40" tires with full hydro to Baja MX, but this Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) would be ideal for that type of trip. I have really been enjoying the multi-day expedition type trips and want to spend more time seeing new places.

This Lexus is also a combination of my needs for local trips like the milder Moab trails, trips to the San Juans, La Sals, etc, plus the ability to tackle driving to Baja, perhaps Alaska and so on.

So I'm just the FNG so disregard if there is some back ground I'm missing, but, dare I say, New Avatar!?

Yeah, maybe I'll work on that. All I have are poser pics though, I'd prefer to have a trail pic. :)

For me it's on pavement mannerisms and extra space for those in the family tree.

Bingo!

Johnny4X4

i would have to agree with on pavement handling, my jeep tj handles like crap on the street (37's and rear detroit locker)- i do love it though- i drove it to the rubicon, ran the rubicon, and then drove it home.. when i got home after that trip i bought a trailer to haul it around on. ha ha

I did a few long distance wheeling trips in my big bronco and loved all the extra room and the ride.

Hunt

I think you would be impressed in how much the rear ARB tamed the Jeep's street manners. As summer gets closer I am going to put AC back into it. With a set of DOT tires it is still very streetable.

After KOH my next major fix/repair/to do idem is to upgrade the steering ram to a single ended ram with heims on either end. The utility ram's bushings are shot and thats where the slack in the front end comes from.

With the good shocks and the sway bar locked in it is much better. Not that I would go cross country in it but Peterson's Ultimate Adventure is very doable for 2011.

Greg

Admin
i would have to agree with on pavement handling, my jeep tj handles like crap on the street (37's and rear detroit locker)- i do love it though- i drove it to the rubicon, ran the rubicon, and then drove it home.. when i got home after that trip i bought a trailer to haul it around on. ha ha

I did a few long distance wheeling trips in my big bronco and loved all the extra room and the ride.

Driving out to the Rubicon, running the trail and driving back home is very respectable, especially in a SWB Jeep. The additional room in the bigger SUV & trucks makes for a more comfortable trip, IMO.

I think you would be impressed in how much the rear ARB tamed the Jeep's street manners. As summer gets closer I am going to put AC back into it. With a set of DOT tires it is still very streetable.

After KOH my next major fix/repair/to do idem is to upgrade the steering ram to a single ended ram with heims on either end. The utility ram's bushings are shot and thats where the slack in the front end comes from.

With the good shocks and the sway bar locked in it is much better. Not that I would go cross country in it but Peterson's Ultimate Adventure is very doable for 2011.

:cool: I really think that TJ would be perfect for the Ultimate Adventure, especially with the work you've put into it! Hope you've entered!

I'm not saying you can't make that rig road-friendly, but it all comes down to how comfortable you want to be. For me, I want to be quite comfortable when I'm traveling for a few days at a time, loaded up with enough food, fuel and gear to be self sufficient. I'm confident the LX450 will do that job and more.