My Next Project: 1965 Sunbeam Alpine

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Looks like Carl took care of the big announcement. :D

Yes, it's home. This roller coaster is coming to an end. And like kmboren suggested, it is now time to get the word out about Andy so that potential customers will have more knowledge about him than I had.

Yesterday was funny. Last time Andy talked to me he said that John was going to have to come up here and pick the car up because he was done dealing with me. Then out of the blue he calls John yesterday all buddy buddy and tells him the car is finished and that I am coming at 6pm to pick it up! So John came to me all excited about the pick up and I had no idea what he was talking about. I had other plans already scheduled and was pretty weary about breaking them, knowing we probably wouldn't actually pick it up.
I agreed and started calling Andy. I would leave a voicemail. He would then call/text John in response to my message. John would then call me. Once again, I felt like we were Jr. high school girls. This went on most of the night. At one point he did answer his phone and we had a conversation where I was somewhat able to confirm a pick up time of 630pm. We left it at that. I recorded that conversation and will post it up. It's a good one! Shows Andy's true character.
Carl and I headed over and got there right at 630. I called and texted Andy to let him know we were there. His Tahoe was in the parking lot so we knew he was there. He didn't respond. We stood out there waiting. About ten minutes later he responds by saying he'll be a minute. A few minutes late we hear an engine start up. We walk over to the gate and through the slats we could just see that he had pulled the car outside the shop. It was a runner! A few minutes later he walked over and opened the gate. I had my GoPro with me. I took a video of the rest of the meeting. It went pretty smooth. He was his normal grouchy self. I was trying to ask as many questions as I could to make sure I understood what condition the car was in and what items still needed to be finished. I think he was getting tired of that and ended up demanding the money I had brought ($5000 in cash) so he could leave. We gathered up all the left over parts we could find as we walked through the shop. He actually wrote out a receipt for me after I asked for one. No invoice or anything with any work he had done, although he said he's working on it and will send it to John. Doubt it.
Then I got in it and drove to the first gas station we saw and put fresh gas in it. It drove back to my place just fine. Actually it felt better than I remembered it. We dropped Carl's trailer off at his house and then went back to mine to drop my truck. Then the two of us went for a ride in the car. Just before getting back to our neighborhood the engine died. I coasted it into the neighborhood, on my street. Then the two of us did the walk (or push) of shame and pushed the car back to my house and into the garage. The fuel pump had quite. We didn't fully investigate, but I'm guessing it's gummed up with bad fuel. Didn't think to put Sta-bil in it when we dropped it off, but then again it was only going to be there for 2 1/2 months. Not 16 months.

I'll get some good pictures up once I can pull it back outside when the rain stops. I'll tell you what, I was all smiles driving it home. It was amazing how my attitude changed once driving it. People yelling at us at the gas station, everyone staring. Even some guy with a pirate eye patch was waving his arms at us. Too funny. If you need a boost to your self esteem, go drive this car.

Last edited:

pELYgroso

'Merica
Wow, congrats! Must be a good and relieving feeling! I feel like this whole community has had a weight on our shoulders that is finally lifted, so I can't imagine the spring in your step today! Let's see this wizard's handy work! And, how about that email? #spamtime

pELYgroso

'Merica
I wouldn't add his full name or business name to this thread. Too much info regarding "plotting" against him here.

Listening to that guy talk makes my blood boil. Definitely report him along with your story, including the additional $$ he asked for without an invoice to the Utah dept of licensing. They come down fairly hard on non-licensed people when they hear about mistreatment like this. I did a quick search and found his business name (HRH) that also has a facebook page. I would write a review there for sure and use his full name. Find any site that has his business name listed and write a review using his full real name. Go onto all of the forums you can find that might be somewhat related to vehicles or restoration of any kind, especially Utah based, and write your review using his full name. Then, list those reviews here so we can all go back-up your claims. Go to Pirate and write your review w/ his name and info. Google will pick up all the reviews and his name will be mud.