Nate’s longterm tiny shop build

Pike2350

@Hickey yes, my tractor's name is N-Swift. I thought about renting a skid steer and driving it around to come in the back gate but decided I need the exercise. It's like going to the gym, but for men.
Get the gorilla wagon. That thing was a life saver foe doing my retaining wall. Moving way more weight then a wheelbarrow and the dump feature was way nice. I have loved mine so far.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Get the gorilla wagon. That thing was a life saver foe doing my retaining wall. Moving way more weight then a wheelbarrow and the dump feature was way nice. I have loved mine so far.

My neighbor buddy (the one that stalks me) had one of those when I was helping him with his yard and I was so stoked to borrow it. Turns out it's his dad's and he took it back to his place in Huntsville. Dick move. I do have a nice 2-wheel Kobalt wheelbarrow which helps as no effort goes into balancing it but it's still labor.

Looks dumb
Your face. If only you worked close by and could come see it in person...

N-Smooth

They got the trusses in, half the fascia boards and roof sheeted before having to leave for the day. I can’t believe how fast they are, just being 2 guys. He said they’ll finish it up tomorrow then I have framing inspection on Friday. I also ordered the skylights- they’ll be here Monday. It’s moving right along and I’m stoked!

Now I need to line up a sparky to help me connect to the house, pull the wire and hook up a panel in the new garage. I’m not trying to die over here.
IMG_3284.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
They got the trusses in, half the fascia boards and roof sheeted before having to leave for the day. I can’t believe how fast they are, just being 2 guys. He said they’ll finish it up tomorrow then I have framing inspection on Friday. I also ordered the skylights- they’ll be here Monday. It’s moving right along and I’m stoked!

Now I need to line up a sparky to help me connect to the house, pull the wire and hook up a panel in the new garage. I’m not trying to die over here.
View attachment 170831
View attachment 170832
I raised a journeyman electrician if you want his number.

N-Smooth

They’re done until the skylights get here on Monday. It looks killer. They added a little attic access (I assume it’s code) that is really adorable and virtually useless given the vaulted trusses. I’m still a bit astounded by how awesome the vaulted ceiling is. There really wasn’t a reason to do it other than just making it seem more open inside but my buddy suggested I put a big ceiling fan in and I’m kind of in love with that idea.
IMG_3294.jpegIMG_3295.jpegIMG_3296.jpegIMG_3298.jpeg

N-Smooth

A big ceiling fan will/would be awesome in the heat of summer to move some air around.
For sure. I’m going to do a mini split, that’s always been the plan but a fan would be nice for when I want to leave the door open.

N-Smooth

Attic access will certainly help for insulating, electrical, hanging that big fan, etc...
I won’t be able to get up there or anything, there’s no room. I just always figured I’d do all that stuff beforehand. I suppose maybe a wire could be fished from one place to another but even that would be challenging.

Pile of parts

I won’t be able to get up there or anything, there’s no room. I just always figured I’d do all that stuff beforehand. I suppose maybe a wire could be fished from one place to another but even that would be challenging.
You're right. I didn't realize how small it was. I was able to get up in mine and blow in insulation. But, I have Flat Fender approved legs...🤣 Do like @bryson said and make those kids earn their keep.