Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Haha that is known as The Ryan Strategy and it doesn't work for me. I did that with cars for years- sold them before I had to renew the registration.

N-Smooth

Just noting this for posterity. I want to see an "after" post :D

It was actually bent in on the passenger side so flipping it to the driver side and rotating it 180 degrees will make it clear my diff better :)
The tie rod barely hits the diff at full lock. Problem solved

N-Smooth

Did the axle seals, balljoints and made the passenger steering double shear. Long day.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I put triangle gussets on both sides, preheated it with a torch, burned it in hot and then wrapped it and let it cool slowly.

With new balljoints and the double shear steering it's pretty much a Ferrari now ;)

The brown truck brought me something fun today too. This is the next project.
image.jpg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Nice Nate. What are the blue things. I finally took my Jeep out yesterday. I need to update my build thread. I ran Johns trail and the Maze. It was a fun filled day with the weather in the 60s.

N-Smooth

Nice Nate. What are the blue things. I finally took my Jeep out yesterday. I need to update my build thread. I ran Johns trail and the Maze. It was a fun filled day with the weather in the 60s.

Walbro pickups for my fuel cell. They're actually for snowmobiles but a lot of guys run them in buggies. With only one pickup in my cell it will starve the pump when I'm leaning too far to the driverside. I'm going to run two in the back corners and one in the front center. I'll make sure to take pics of the process. Should be awesome!

Glad to hear you've taken the jeep out and you're enjoying nice weather. Definitely update your thread!

N-Smooth

When you run multiple pick ups, what keeps the pump from sucking air out of one that may not be submersed in the fuel?

These are magic. The screen on them not only acts as a prefilter but also when they've been wet with fuel but are not submersed the screen will close off the pickup. Pretty cool stuff