Nate's crappy 93 XJ

Nate's crappy 93 XJ "Snowflake/Ice Princess"

Owners Name & City- Nate, West Jordan, UT

Make, Model & Year of Vehicle- Stripped-down 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country buggy thingy

Engine- 4.0L, HD motor mounts

Transmission- Aisin Warner 4-Speed auto, gear selection switches, big tranny cooler

T-Case- NP231, stock

Axles - HP Dana 30 front w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Torq-Masters Chromo shafts with JK joints
-Chrysler 8.25 rear w/4.88 gears, Aussie locker, Riddler diff cover, shaved a bit

Suspension- 3" coils + 2" spacers in the front w/custom 3-link mid-arm, center limit strap, hockey puck bumpstop extensions; stock leaf packs in the rear with additional springs added (7 total) + lift shackles, homebuilt traction bar

Wheels and Tires- 35x12.5r17 Maxxis short course stickies on Raceline Beadlocks

Winch- Guys pulling on a strap usually does it

Favorite Trails- Hell's Revenge, The Maze, Green Day, Nasty Half, Sliplock, Pritchett

Other- Cut in half; power steering cooler; Custom heim steering & tracbar; JCR skid plate; RCI Race cell with Walbro pickups; LED rock lights; Unibody stiffeners; custom boat-sides & bumpers

1-ejs09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarryn-itup

This ^ I watch but don't have anything valuable to add. I like what you've got going. Actually I like most things that aren't a Wrangler. I like the cage you've got going so keep up the good work.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I have followed your thread just don't comment. You have been nice to me so we must not be friends. I was about to start a new build thread on my new to me XJ but maybe it will be in vain. post number 200 on this thread. Thats more than I expect to get so congrats.

Hahaha we're definitely friends! I want to see this new XJ. I assume you're going through with the plans we discussed at WOTR?

This ^ I watch but don't have anything valuable to add. I like what you've got going. Actually I like most things that aren't a Wrangler. I like the cage you've got going so keep up the good work.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Apparently all I had to do was joke about people not caring about my thread and it brought everyone out lol

I understand the whole not wanting to post stigma that people have because I've responded to what seems like hundreds of build threads or even just chit chat threads and been completely ignored like I'm not cool enough. At the end of the day maybe I'll just start replying "subscribed" from now on ;)

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Oooooooh shiny!
image.jpg
Got the inside painted too and my seats and seat covers mounted for good.

Last but not least, boatsides make a great place for to-do lists.
image.jpg

Last edited:

blznnp

what the heck nate, we are suppose to be talking about people not caring about your thread, not posting updated pictures, come on. either way, looks good. I made a to-do list last night, nothing crazy but little stuff thats gonna take time, not looking forward to it.

N-Smooth

what the heck nate, we are suppose to be talking about people not caring about your thread, not posting updated pictures, come on. either way, looks good. I made a to-do list last night, nothing crazy but little stuff thats gonna take time, not looking forward to it.

I need to cruise up there and see your monster at some point. When are you planning on breaking it in?

blznnp

I have no clue, I have had it in the driveway with the front axle on jack stands so i can raise the front tires and check for clearances, but I never seem to have time to do the actual cutting. Can't do that at night unless I want to wake up the kids and piss off my neighbors. I am slowly plugging away at it. My ram for hydro assist should be here on friday, so hopefully get that done next week. I just built my front driveline, just need a u joint and strap to install it. need to cut out four pieces to finish my diff cover. Once those things are done, I can take it out, the other stuff can wait and isn't as important. I really need one good saturday and I could get a lot done, but a good full saturday with the kids and a busy wife doesn't seem to exist.

wheelewagon

I think were all getting way off topic here. This is xj_nate's build thread. So lets talk about weather!!! It's been freaken awesome lately hasn't it?

N-Smooth

I think were all getting way off topic here. This is xj_nate's build thread. So lets talk about weather!!! It's been freaken awesome lately hasn't it?

It has been awesome and it's supposed to be great weather for EJS. You should go!!!

N-Smooth

you plan to mount anything on that back section of the cage? hilift, Extinguisher...?
Hi lift goes above the cell. You can see it in some of the earlier pics. Not sure where the extinguishers are going. But I need to get mounts for them. Probably one in the back and one on the harness bar.

N-Smooth

Got a few more things done last night. Added a bar from the c pillar \|/ to the floor and one from the harness bar to the boatside brace. No pics of that but pics of this instead!
image.jpg
I was backing out Todd's jeep and saw that I should be able to drive up my rear tire and barely edge onto my boatside. Yup, it was fun!

N-Smooth

Here you can see the two vertical tubes I added in. I even painted them at 11:30 last night because I was so bugged by the ticket I got that I knew I wouldn't sleep anyways :(
image.jpg
image.jpg