National Public Lands Day, Sept. 30th @ 5 Mile Pass

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
It was his house but he hit a bumpy stretch and off it came, time for reconstruction:rofl:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
I think we should be wrapped up by then, in the years past we've been done at about that time. But we also had many other groups out there. If we're not done, we'll take lunch, relax a bit & head back out for more cleanup & some wheelin.
been a couple years since we pulled the rodeo out. It seems like we were out there longer then that.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
been a couple years since we pulled the rodeo out. It seems like we were out there longer then that.

Could be, but didn't we also have 2 other cars that were pulled out, along with a few large pieces of furniture? :ugh: :rofl: From what I've been hearing about 5 Mile Pass & the trails, it's been pretty well taken care of, trash-wise. If we have to spend more time out there, then we will.

Wife is flying back in early Saturday AM and I need to pick her up. Is there a way for a new guy who knows nothing of that area to drive up when possible to meet with you guys? She gets in around 9 ish ( need to look at itinerary) I could pick her up drive by the house slow down a bit and toss her out and head up :) She may feel industrious and want to go house hunting but probably not.

Meat_

Banned
Wife is flying back in early Saturday AM and I need to pick her up. Is there a way for a new guy who knows nothing of that area to drive up when possible to meet with you guys? She gets in around 9 ish ( need to look at itinerary) I could pick her up drive by the house slow down a bit and toss her out and head up :) She may feel industrious and want to go house hunting but probably not.

If you can find your way onto SR73 you'll know when you get to 5mp (there are signs and you'll see a bunch of tow rigs and built rigs around)

Some directions

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Great job crew!!! We filled the dumpster to the brim, and hauled out some serious trash... Campers, refridgerators, ovens, BBQ's, you name it :cool:

Thanks to all that made it out and to RME for hosting the project and providing the trash bags! :cool:

Caleb

how about some more reports? I found out just before I went home last night I had to work today so we could get some servers moved :( Wish I could have been there.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Bring anything you want, better than being there saying "I have ______ at home".

We had a good time and I ended up saying: "I have junk hauling trailer at home". I should have listened. :rolleyes: Next time I'll bring it out, we could have used it since there was so much junk out there. If you missed the clean up you can go out anytime and pick up more trash, the area could sure use it, especially west of five mile on the pony express route where there are a bunch of messy areas where people have been shooting.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
how about some more reports? I found out just before I went home last night I had to work today so we could get some servers moved :( Wish I could have been there.

I'll post up some more tonight/tomorrow morning. I got a few pictures myself, but I'm here at my folks without my USB cord to get the pics off my camera.

We got a lot done, I wish there was a bigger turnout but for the amount of helpling hands that were there, we did a lot. Props to all the people that took the time out of their weekend to help clean the area up.