NAXJA Moab Weekend Oct 8-12

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Greg

I''d be up for a pre-Turkey Day, Moab trip though! What days?

I "think" the weekend before Turkey Day is Nov 15th - 17th. If T-day is the 21st...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Correction to myself... Turkey Day is the 28th of Nov. So the weekend before that is - Nov. 22 - 24.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ

If you run Pritchett on Friday I'd like to tag along if it's ok.

Well, now the plan is that we are going down friday and running Rusty Nail on Saturday, then most likely pritchet on sunday. Might even go to White Wash Desert on sunday, not really sure yet.

All I really know for sure is that I'll be in moab this weekend.

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Herzog

Well, now the plan is that we are going down friday and running Rusty Nail on Saturday, then most likely pritchet on sunday. Might even go to White Wash Desert on sunday, not really sure yet.

All I really know for sure is that I'll be in moab this weekend.

Sounds good. I need to be back Sunday afternoon, so I'll probably just see you on Rusty Nail. Are you going with NAXJA on Rusty Nail or making a separate run?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm going to run slightly ahead of them and take a break at the Double Whammy and watch some of the action and take some pictures for them... Then probably trail behind the rest of the way through. That is my plan for now, I Don't know for sure. How about you?

Do you want to meet up at the Gemini Bridges turn off between 8:00-8:30 am? I think NAXJA is meeting at 8:00 at city market and heading from there.

BTW - I'll be on CB-4 for the majority of the time. My handle is 'Herzog'

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I "think" the weekend before Turkey Day is Nov 15th - 17th. If T-day is the 21st...

Shane,

The only weekend that will work for me is the 15-18th. I'm planning on a trip with a few friends, if you can make that weekend, lets get together! I'll post a new thread....

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I'm going to run slightly ahead of them and take a break at the Double Whammy and watch some of the action and take some pictures for them... Then probably trail behind the rest of the way through. That is my plan for now, I Don't know for sure. How about you?

Do you want to meet up at the Gemini Bridges turn off between 8:00-8:30 am? I think NAXJA is meeting at 8:00 at city market and heading from there.

BTW - I'll be on CB-4 for the majority of the time. My handle is 'Herzog'

Yeah, I can meet you up there at about 8:00. How many vehicles will be there with you?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I might be back 'ON'.....if the XJ makes it through the week with no more incidents and I can line up an easy way to pick up my 12 year old, I'm in.....

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Hey Marc how long does it take to set up a CB and antenna? I'm finally going to pick one up tomorrow, hopefully I can get it on before the trip. If you do make it down what are you going to do on Friday?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Greg
The only weekend that will work for me is the 15-18th. I'm planning on a trip with a few friends, if you can make that weekend, lets get together! I'll post a new thread....

Sounds good, I'll check and see if I can make it then.

Yeah, I can meet you up there at about 8:00. How many vehicles will be there with you?

Probably only 2 others.

Originally posted by mbryson
I might be back 'ON'.....if the XJ makes it through the week with no more incidents and I can line up an easy way to pick up my 12 year old, I'm in.....

PM'd you... Hope you make it!

mbryson

Supporting Member
Hey Marc how long does it take to set up a CB and antenna? I'm finally going to pick one up tomorrow, hopefully I can get it on before the trip. If you do make it down what are you going to do on Friday?

It can take a while. I'd offer to help tonight, but I'm closing on my house {again :D 6.25% RULES!!!} and I need to weld up some stuff on my Jeep. If you want to come over after like 7:30-8:00, I could probably help you out.

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Just get yerself a handheld walkie-talkie style radio, then you don't have to go though all the hasstle of installing the radio and antena. All you need to do is have fresh batteries, or a power addapter. That way you can use it in your tow rig, or any other rig without prior instlation. Also, the price is about the same when you factor in the price of a mobil radio and external antena, you just sacrafice some range with a hand held because the antena is inside and the body will block some of the signal.

There are hand held radios that have a mobile style base so you can have the best of bolth worlds, I advise just going to a CB shop and asking. There are two in Ogden, a small shop off 21st by the freeway, and AES on washington.

Important: Do NOT buy a radio that says FRS or GMRS ANYWHERE on the package. These are NOT CB's and will not work with other CB's out there.

If you don't believe me, ask Spencurai, I had to yell at him a couple of times for trying to use a cell phone antena /w a CB (not a good idea).

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Wanker Delux
Just get yerself a handheld walkie-talkie style radio, then you don't have to go though all the hasstle of installing the radio and antena. All you need to do is have fresh batteries, or a power addapter. That way you can use it in your tow rig, or any other rig without prior instlation. Also, the price is about the same when you factor in the price of a mobil radio and external antena, you just sacrafice some range with a hand held because the antena is inside and the body will block some of the signal.

There are hand held radios that have a mobile style base so you can have the best of bolth worlds, I advise just going to a CB shop and asking. There are two in Ogden, a small shop off 21st by the freeway, and AES on washington.

Important: Do NOT buy a radio that says FRS or GMRS ANYWHERE on the package. These are NOT CB's and will not work with other CB's out there.

If you don't believe me, ask Spencurai, I had to yell at him a couple of times for trying to use a cell phone antena /w a CB (not a good idea).

yep and I got him to voluntarily make me a di-pole antanae for free :)

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi, I'll be heading down to Moab Saturday morning and should be rolling into town sometime around 2-3 in the afternoon. I'm looking to do probably Hell's Revenge and/or Fins and Things on Monday but need something to do on Sunday. I'm with someone with a jacked up but otherwise stock Ford Truck, but I would love to try Pritchet with you all if ya do it. I can get my friend to ride shotgun with me and join ya'll. When and where ya meeting on Sunday so I can hook up with ya.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Medsker
Hi, I'll be heading down to Moab Saturday morning and should be rolling into town sometime around 2-3 in the afternoon. I'm looking to do probably Hell's Revenge and/or Fins and Things on Monday but need something to do on Sunday. I'm with someone with a jacked up but otherwise stock Ford Truck, but I would love to try Pritchet with you all if ya do it. I can get my friend to ride shotgun with me and join ya'll. When and where ya meeting on Sunday so I can hook up with ya.

I'm probably not up for a 'tough' trail on Sunday....kind of heavily loaded with gear for the trip home. I think I'll be at Slickrock campground if you'd like to look me up.