need new tires, suggestions pls

flexyfool

GDW
So story time. I was coming home from WOTR 2013 driving my jk behind skippy in his jk. Both running 37's on 17's. I was running toyo M/T's he had Maxxis treps. We were cruising along highway 36 doing close to prob 70-75 mph when we hit A snow storm. Skippy was able to keep his exact speed without A single hiccup. I on the other hand immediately started to fish tail. I ended up having to put it in 4H and do Maybe A max of 50mph before starting to get squirly. It didn't take long at all for me to switch to treps. Treps really are the bees knees. But I'm pretty sure they don't make them in that small of A size you're looking for. I've also ran Duratrax on A tow rig I had. LOVED THEM!!! Everyone I've known to have them, including me, have never said anything bad about them. The only thing is they aren't the best rock crawling tire. But from the sounds of it you don't do much of that anyways, and the little you might do rock crawling I'm sure they'd be fine. Look at the specs on them, they really blow any other tire in this style away. They have A great look, where awesome, are quite, have awesome tow rating, and are one of the few tires that actually have an extreme snow rating. Look them up on youtube and you'll see tons of rigs back country snow playing with them and having no probs getting around. Get the duratrax, DO IT!!! You'll have zero regrets

Skippy is lucky to be alive. 70-75 MPH in a snowstorm in a lifted jeep in 2WD with your buddy fishtailing behind you going 50 MPH in 4WD sounds like a recipe for disaster.

SiRed91

I vote for the claw:
http://www.cordovantires.com/tires/Detail.aspx?lineid=101&application=SUV-LT

JetzonMudClawRadialMT_large.jpg

I run these and LOVE them for the price. I have passed up people in the shit that were on MUCH more expensive tires.
Good on road too, and not TOO loud, but remember they are a MT