Need some new Jeep seats--Where should I get them and what brand?

Caleb

I loved my PRP in my buggy and hated the Corbeau in my Jeep. The Corbeau were obviously cheaper, but even then I'd rather pay the extra and get a set of PRPs. Never used the Mastercraft seats but I know they're nice too. For me it'd be either PRP or Mastercraft.

Bart

I have had the Corbeau Baja and the wider version in a couple of buggies, and have the Corbeau Moabs in the current CJ. I haven't had problems with any of them think they are great for the money. I ran a PRP in my single seater and liked it a lot.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I have Corbeaus in my YJ and I really liked them until the fabric on the bolster wore super fast. I don't know why they use that thin crap on a place that you slide over to get in and out.

Rock Taco

I have Corbeaus in my YJ and I really liked them until the fabric on the bolster wore super fast. I don't know why they use that thin crap on a place that you slide over to get in and out.

Marc, Think about how you get in and out of your seats now. Do you drag your butt over the side bolster or do you climb up and sit down into the seat? High bolster seats are great for buggys and vehicles you sit down into, they will also hold you more secure in your seat. If your sliding over the bolster to get in and out it will be a pain and they will wear out quickly like skylinerider experienced. If you're a slider then I would recommend a low bolster seat like the daily driver series from PRP. You should also consider if you need a recliner to have access to the back at all.

Master Craft has some options as well.

And get the covers if you don't keep your jeep inside for any seats you buy

http://www.prpseats.com/product-category/seats/daily-driver-series/

http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/performance-seats/recreational-seats

neagtea

Supporting Member
Do you still have my number?
If not check your inbox
No huge hurry as I am in the middle of about a 3 year upgrade.
Like usual my junk will be old school by the time it hits the trail.

neagtea

Supporting Member
Prp's have definitely gotten better.
I have had PRP, beard and the master crafts
I have low back beards with headrests in my 8 the current seats in my 7 are from when Ed Beard was building them
They are like 22 years old still good just faded a little.
Corbeau have improved quite a bit. I remember the early ones were Sh!t.
Many good choices out there right now.
Only reason I am selling the ones pictured isI want to do 3G's or may go up to the sparco EVO'S but $$$

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Did you choose seats? If not, Andrea Mecham posted up 2 race seats on Facebook, in the Utah4x4club yard sale group.

ZUKEYPR

Like to know where someone picked up MC RS for $350. I got the same, great seats. I do have a fairly good tear going on though on the drivers seat but considering they are nine years. Daily driver and that spot takes the most abuse getting in or out I'd say they held up excellent. Royal PITA though getting husky dog hair out but what isn't short of leather

Last edited: