New Extreme Trail "Smashing Pumpkins"

Olaf

Supporting Member
Great work!

Wow! Great work! Great Pictures! Awesome trail! From the looks of the obstacles, it seems like it might take longer than an hour. How does it rate next to Britney or Helldorado?

Thanks Mike in the red buggy, Mike in the Wrath buggy, Bob, on prybar, and Shelby on camera and Jeff for putting in the your time and hard work to make this tough optional loop!!!

Do you by chance have the gps coordinates of the loop and of the various obstacles like "Rock and a Hard Place"?

Badbuggy

rock star
Sorry, we did not get GPS coordinates yet. I would still like to try to get two more optional lines marked in. Maybe I can get back over there and GPS them.

Badbuggy

rock star
. How does it rate next to Britney or Helldorado?

It is hard to say. It is a different kind of trail with alot of loose sand for the moment. I expect it will rank in there with both. Full bodied rigs will have trouble in the tight spots, but could go around them. The buggies we had there were on 42s and there was still some clearance issues. I was running 9 pounds, which is double what I usually run. I was trying to get more clearance. There were places when I had way to much air, and needed more traction. I expect the trail will be harder in the loose places, and easier through the boulder fields as time goes along. We will probably have to drop a couple of large rocks into the entrance if it starts to dig out.
I know I am looking forward to running it again. We still need to set a winch point at the entrance.

Olaf

Supporting Member
That will be great to get the gps coordinates so that I can have the trail, loops, and obstacles added to our map before the busy spring season begins.

Below are the details that stuck out in my mind from your description. Sounds tough to me! Outstanding!
42" tires and trying to get more clearance.
9lbs of air and still "...way too much air.." for some of the obstacles!!!
Full bodied rigs will have trouble in the tight spots

Let me know about the other trail when you get a chance.

Lubes

Mo Fugga
Damn, I was wondering who/what was going on over there while I was down hiking around and checkin out Britney... I should've come and said hey! Looks gnarly, for sure! Can't wait to get my big ***** back together and get out there on all the new trails! Props for helpin cut/maintain em!

Olaf, I was gonna leave you a note and a 20 spot but there's no donation box any more? I suppose ya gotta worry about thieves... :rolleyes: Anyway, thank you so so so much, as always, for keeping the land and letting us all play. I LOVE it out there!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
How are the big wide rigs like mine going to fair on this one Jeff? Not worried about body of course.

Looks great! Thanks to everyone involved and thanks to BFE! I cant wait to get out there again

Badbuggy

rock star
You will still be able to run the trail, and it will still be interesting for you. But, "Rock and Hard Place" is really tight. I drove throught the first two squeezes, but then when I came out to face the final climb, I had a rock against the front, and against the back and could not turn out of it. I could still move but could not get around the rock in front of me.
PB260149.jpg

Olaf

Supporting Member
Olaf, I was gonna leave you a note and a 20 spot but there's no donation box any more? I suppose ya gotta worry about thieves... :rolleyes: Anyway, thank you so so so much, as always, for keeping the land and letting us all play. I LOVE it out there!

No donation box??? I'll have to check with Chris about that but I hope that no one took our statue!:confused::ugh::mad:

Lubes

Mo Fugga
Hmmmm, just saw the pix of the statue on Facebook. I didn't notice that, but I was looking more on the sides of the building. Maybe I'm just friggin blind?