New guy...

woodysfj40

eternal noobie
Joined in 2010, but have lurked since...now that we have finally moved out of Wisconsin, it's time for an official intro...

Hi :greg:

woody is my longstanding nickname...obviously, when I registered, it wasn't available...a 1977 FJ40 was my first offroad rig, purchased it in 1989.

My current assortment of rigs:

1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
1990 FJ62 Land Cruiser (hers)
2008 Lexus GX470 (hers)
2010 79-series Land Cruiser pickup (unending moneypit project)
2012 Kawasaki Teryx4
1995 HZJ75 Land Cruiser pickup (future truggy)
1974 FJ40 Land Cruiser (future something)

I'm one of those irritating people who does offroading for a living...got IH8MUD on my WI license place in 1992, dabbled in this internet thing in the late 90's, and somehow it turned into a fulltime gig. Did marketing for 10+ years, then spent 2007/2008 as a driver/trainer for the Toyota Trail Teams program. 2009, turned IH8MUD.com fulltime and have added a few others as well (RockCrawler.com and UTVWeekly.com). We are on the road hitting events roughly 20-25 weeks a year, doing recovery classes, helping on trails and spotting, and assisting with events. Most of it is volunteer (other than waived event fees).

We are awaiting completion of a new home build in Toquerville and have been staying with generous friends in Leeds off and on since July. Hope to close next week (finally!)

Headed north on Friday morning with the FZJ80 and the RTT to CruiserFest in Tooele...if you see a dented and rusted dark green Land Cruiser wagon with IH8MUD Wisconsin plates stranded on I-15, feel free to visit ;)
FZJ80-IH8MUD.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Welcome Woody! We chatted at AreaBFE for a bit a while back about forum software... Particularly Xenforo. Welcome to RME!