new off roader needs some help?

854run2

ALMOST DONE
I've got an 83' reg cab 4x4 toyota for sale if you want pics let me know, solid ax, has 3 inch under it right know and comes with a 4 inch kit in the bed.

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
If I were to be 17 again, I'd get a cheap single cab Pickup/Tacoma, manual hubs, I4, 5sp. Lift it 2-3", 32's and just have lots of fun with it.
Who are you and why did you follow me? :eek:
Thats almost exactly what I had when I was 16-17 and I took it through more crap than my XJ lifted 5" w/ 33's. :rofl:

Attachments

• Toyota Front By Tree.jpg
    Toyota Front By Tree.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
If I were to be 17 again, I'd get a cheap single cab Pickup/Tacoma, manual hubs, I4, 5sp. Lift it 2-3", 32's and just have lots of fun with it.

Who are you and why did you follow me? :eek:
Thats almost exactly what I had when I was 16-17

Ha ha :rofl: that's what I was thinking. I got my 79 pickup for free when I was just out of high school because my dad wanted to scrap it (looking back it probably would have been for the best :rolleyes:). Swapped in a 5 speed for free up until a few years ago it had a 3" lift that I made made and I rocked 31-32's for most of the time. The only real money I invested back then was for my crawler gears, good tires and rear locker. The truck has been everywhere and I still love it, but there's no room for a car seat :(

KWight

Dont be afraid to take your time looking for what you want. I bought this a couple of months ago for $250:

I have since added some rock crawler wheels and Mud Terrain Tires from my other truck, fixed the oil leak, fabricated some bumpers with LED's, added a heater and a Khaki paint job, put on some better doors and have a 4" lift waiting to go on it once Elk Season is over. I am into it about $400 right now and expect to have about a grand into it once it is lifted and sitting on some bigger tires.

Kevin

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
You all should stop steering him into welding his spider gears... after all he said this was going to be a daily driver around town... if he welded the gears he would be going thru tires like crazy and it would be a terrible ride on road....

Get a real locker and have a great ride....

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You all should stop steering him into welding his spider gears... after all he said this was going to be a daily driver around town... if he welded the gears he would be going thru tires like crazy and it would be a terrible ride on road....

Get a real locker and have a great ride....

Good call. :)