New truck...maybe. Thoughts?

joshbmx1201

UAV MECHANIC
yeah i thought I read 22 highway as well. if someone makes a tune to de activate egr you should be able to squeeze out 25 mpg I would think. green diesel tunes has one for the ecodiesel that keeps egr intact for emissions but de activates it. most people with that tune are over 30mpg hwy.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
2nd gen 3.5 Ecoboost in the 2017 ups the torque to 450 lb-ft (same 365 hp as before) and gets a 10-speed tranny
http://wardsauto.com/engines/ford-touts-second-gen-ecoboost-v-6-10-speed-trans-17-f-150
Improvements boost torque 30 lb.-ft. (41 Nm) to 450 lb.-ft. 610 Nm) that Ford says is class-leading for a V-6 engine – gasoline or diesel. Horsepower remains unchanged at 365.

2017 Raptor is a gen 2 High output 3.5 Eco that beats the 6.2 in both torque and HP.

from http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2017-ford-f-150-raptor-in-depth-feature
[FONT=&amp]We’ll miss the roar of the old 6.2-liter V-8, but Ford promises that the Raptor’s new turbo six will be more efficient and soundly trump the V-8’s 411 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. We don’t know yet by how much, but count on loads of torque and at least 450 ponies.[/FONT]

Caleb

Well, I gave in a got a new TRD Pro Tundra.

IMG_0339.jpgIMG_0337.jpg

Maybe in a couple years when I'm bored with this I'll give the new Raptors a look.

Caleb

Thanks guys. I looked at a ton of trucks and drove just as many. When I saw this one, I knew it was the one. I didn't think I wanted a 6" lift and 35" tires again...so instead I ended up with a 7" lift (BDS with Fox coilovers) and 37" tires :rofl: :rolleyes:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I rode in the backseat of my dads crewmax yesterday and again remembered how much room is back there and how comfortable it is. I'm 6'3" and "big boned" and still had plenty of room with the front passenger seat all the way back. I think I'd like my dads truck better if it didn't have the weak 4.6 in it but its still okay to drive.

Your truck looks great Caleb. Hope its runs as awesome as it looks.

Pike2350

Well, I gave in a got a new TRD Pro Tundra.

View attachment 105221View attachment 105220

Maybe in a couple years when I'm bored with this I'll give the new Raptors a look.

Good Looking truck...and that kit is nice with the coil overs.

I love the Crewmax on the Tundra, my only complaint is they made the proportions a little off by making such a big back door. Had they shrunk the back a few inches, and either extend the bed a tiny bit, or shrink the overall size I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I just can't get past the bigger back door.....although, the lift and tires do help the overall appearance, I've noticed it bothers me a lot more on stock trucks then lifted ones.

When I'm in the market in the next 2 months, I'll have to consider these considering the price difference between the Ecoboost, which is what I'm leaning towards.