Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Super Swamper TSL

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Other, please list...

Votes: 27 27.8%

• Total voters

rosedude

back to the front
SX's are the shiznit but they don't make them big enough. if they made them in a 42 or 44 that would be the coolest thing in the world. since they don't there is only one tire to consider. the interco super swamper 44x18.5 tsl.
yeah buddy.
my old 42's just weren't big enough.

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
Toyo open country mt's. They're a little spendy but I think they'll do awesome. I did love my mtrs though they were great in every terrain.

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
poorboyzdreamz said:
Toyo open country mt's. They're a little spendy but I think they'll do awesome. I did love my mtrs though they were great in every terrain.
I ran Open Country MTs for two days. :ugh:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Jay5.9L said:
I hated them. Worst traction I have ever experienced. Chunked out really badly too. IMNSHO Maxxis, Goodyear, BFG, and Interco are all far superior brands to Toyo.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I've been very impressed with the Pro-Comps (MT's and X's) I've ran on the Rot Box although I think the X-terrains would be better cut :-\ . I really like the bling factor of some of the others though (expecially the Maxxis Creepy's). Choosing tires is like eating Starbusts..... there all pretty good but some are better than others :confused: OK that was lame :sick:

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
RockMonkey said:
I ran Open Country MTs for two days. :ugh:
Thats odd cause I've heard alot of good things about them. I actually work in the tire industry and every set I've sold have worn evenly and lasted a long time. But then again most were on mall crawlers and now that I think of it they are a harder compound wich would explain the chunking. They sure do look good though.

fire4j15

MTR's

I love my 37" MTR's on my CJ-7, I have friends with BFG Muds and they can't keep up with me in the mud. They both are about equal in the snow from what I have seen. And in the rocks my MTR's can climb slightly better then there BFG's. In my opinon I can buy two set's of MTR's for one set of
Maxxis Creepy crawler's.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
fire4j15 said:
I love my 37" MTR's on my CJ-7, I have friends with BFG Muds and they can't keep up with me in the mud. They both are about equal in the snow from what I have seen. And in the rocks my MTR's can climb slightly better then there BFG's. In my opinon I can buy two set's of MTR's for one set of
Maxxis Creepy crawler's.

You certainly could buy two sets of MTR's to one set of Creepy Crawlers. Pay half the price, get half the tire. :D

Why do you have a BFG in your avatar? :confused:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
fire4j15 said:
I love my 37" MTR's on my CJ-7, I have friends with BFG Muds and they can't keep up with me in the mud. They both are about equal in the snow from what I have seen. And in the rocks my MTR's can climb slightly better then there BFG's.
I've seen the same thing...The funny thing is, BFG AT's did better than their MT's! I was on a trail with a bunch of guys (U4WDA) and most of the guys that couldn't complete the trail (mud/snow) had BFG MT's, the AT's continued. Even the MT/R's did well, clogged up, but still did very well - which was very surprising as well. The tires that stayed clean were the Baja Claw's, Maxxis and a few from Interco (swampers, boggers, etc).

As for on the rocks, I have no opinion either way... Other than the BFG MT's have thin sidewalls...

zukgod1

Senior crawler
RockMonkey said:
I hated them. Worst traction I have ever experienced. Chunked out really badly too. IMNSHO Maxxis, Goodyear, BFG, and Interco are all far superior brands to Toyo.

That's interisting, I love my Toyo mt's.
I've ran Swampers, SX's, TSL radials Truxus mt's, Yokahama mt's and several others, so far the Toyo has been the best for me. I even bought a set for my tow rig mt's that is.

dan

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
zukgod1 said:
That's interisting, I love my Toyo mt's.
I've ran Swampers, SX's, TSL radials Truxus mt's, Yokahama mt's and several others, so far the Toyo has been the best for me. I even bought a set for my tow rig mt's that is.

dan

well you also have to understand what braden was using them for. He used them in competition where the ONLY consideration is traction and durability. If the tires lasted 50 miles it wouldn't matter, as long as they hooked up. As far as traction goes, I've yet to meet a person that wasn't on Toyo's pay roll that thought they were a comparable tire to the more common competition tires, and a few of the guys on the pay roll (i.e. payed to run the tires) would say they sucked under their breath.......which is also why you see a lot of buggies in Moab and elsewhere with HUGE TOYO stickers on them but they are running Krawlers or Creapy's on the trail.

The tires do look cool, and for a big street driven rig that doesn't need the same level of offroad performance as a buggy or trail only rig, i'm sure they work great.

Cody

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Cody said:
well you also have to understand what braden was using them for. He used them in competition where the ONLY consideration is traction and durability. If the tires lasted 50 miles it wouldn't matter, as long as they hooked up. As far as traction goes, I've yet to meet a person that wasn't on Toyo's pay roll that thought they were a comparable tire to the more common competition tires, and a few of the guys on the pay roll (i.e. payed to run the tires) would say they sucked under their breath.......which is also why you see a lot of buggies in Moab and elsewhere with HUGE TOYO stickers on them but they are running Krawlers or Creapy's on the trail.

The tires do look cool, and for a big street driven rig that doesn't need the same level of offroad performance as a buggy or trail only rig, i'm sure they work great.

Cody
Yup. What he said. I'm sure they last a long time on the street but in the rocks they sucked.

fire4j15

37" MTR's

I've also ran 37" MTR's that have been siped. What a difference on the rocks and snow. No difference in the mud but rocks and snow was awesome.
I highly recommened siping your tires, you won't be disappointed.

sbr

I bought a set of PITBULL ROCKERS from Craig and took them out today , did the snakes and they are awesome I can't believe how well they hook up definetley worth at least checking them.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
cruiseroutfit said:
Where have you found a fair deal thusfar?

Found some decent Maxxis Big Horn tire prices on Ebay, free shipping too!

32-12.5-15 $491/4 shipped
33-12.5-15 $535/4 shipped
35-12.5-15 $604/4 shipped

I can probably get 5k more out of my BFG AT's and then I am going to try the Maxxis Big Horns... Who knows, if I like them enough I might give them a run on the Landcruiser too?

Crinco

Most street/offroad tires have a soft sidewall that can help with traction(when aired down) but bad for punctures. My friend punctured 2 MTR's on Rat/Con in one day, one was NEW that had been punctured on that trail the last trip out. Good traction though. Every tire has an area where it excells and an area where it doesn't. To ask a general question about what tire is best will get you more than 77 answers for sure.
To answer an earlier question about the SX's and Iroks, I have had them both and OFF ROAD only, they are tough as nails, but the IROKS hook a little bit better for me, but are CLEARLY wearing much faster because they have (seem to have) a softer compound.
Also, what the weight on the tires and what pressure you run them at makes a bigger difference than most people think, so if you are going to compare tires be sure that they are leaving the same foot print with the same effective pressure in them or it is apples to oranges.
I run a 42" currently with around 2-4 psi in them most of the time and I am happy with how they perform too. I will buy another set when these wear out.

Last edited: